Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryobi 18V cordless drill

• 19-11-2010 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,just looking for some feedback on the these new ryobi 18volt drills(as seen on the apprentice).From what I can see the battery can be used on other ryobi tools you buy in future. They are priced around the €90....any experience of these products?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Have two cordless drills and a cordless Jigsaw all on the same batteries. I find the cordless is an excellent wee tool, plenty of torque. The Jigsaw, while handy can be a bit severe on the battery I find. The Laser line is rubbish, I don't use it and I think the shaft is slightly out of alignment to where it should be. Other than that, its great, it does what it says on the tin.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

Have two cordless drills and a cordless Jigsaw all on the same batteries. I find the cordless is an excellent wee tool, plenty of torque. The Jigsaw, while handy can be a bit severe on the battery I find. The Laser line is rubbish, I don't use it and I think the shaft is slightly out of alignment to where it should be. Other than that, its great, it does what it says on the tin.

Cheers,i have a 24v ryobi sds drill for the last 3 years (and could not fault)but i need something a little lighter.The 18v look well priced compared to some of the rubbish for sale.Did you buy in hanleys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

bonzos wrote: »
    Cheers,i have a 24v ryobi sds drill for the last 3 years (and could not fault)but i need something a little lighter.The 18v look well priced compared to some of the rubbish for sale.Did you buy in hanleys?

Funnily enough, I did yeah, but the model of the drill is a blue one, and not the newer snazzier green one. All compatible with the one for all batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

Cheers, thanks the advice

Advertisement