Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unusual requst outside Lidl supermarket

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Don't see how this could possibly be a scam. The last 4 digits of your CC/Laser number means nothing to anybody. It's simply market research. Happened to me a few years ago outside lidl and i always use my card to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

I doubt most members of the public would know what a genuine Nielsen badge looks like.

I'm gonna turn up with my FBI badge tomorrow.

:D Female Breast Inspector :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Good call. Let someone else be the Male Breast Inspector.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 fehenry

It is a scam to defraud the shop of cash. As said they get a recent receipt i.e. yours and they seek refunds on items picked up in the shop. It is quite an old scam.

That may very well be the case but it intrigues me that it appears that those who look for receipts target only Aldi and Lidl customers. I would imagine that both concerns are as security-conscious as any of the other leading supermarket concerns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

^^Still hardly practice that could be condoned ThisRegard. Would you not agree?

But they're doing nothing wrong.

• Advertisement
Advertisement