Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Value GPS???

Options
  • 19-11-2010 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any ideas on what the best GPS for not too much money is?? Not necesserily a garmin if theres any other good makes out there. Must be water resistant and have a heart rate moniter though . . .Any ideas???

Was looking at the garmin forerunner 305, are there any better ones for a similar price???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Not really. You won't get much better price/performance than a 305. You can save some money by buying from the US and getting someone to ship/carry it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Not really. You won't get much better price/performance than a 305. You can save some money by buying from the US and getting someone to ship/carry it back.

Will go for that when i get the funds then!!! Thanks.

:pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I see its pretty good value in the states, think I'll need to save for the 305 and get it from the states to replace what I'm currently using.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Are the US prices better than what are for sale on Amazon.com?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000FMQ296/ref=pe_15021_22655691_as_txt_6/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Why don't you have a look at some of the websites (including amazon.com - your link is for Amazon.co.uk).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Why don't you have a look at some of the websites (including amazon.com - your link is for Amazon.co.uk).

Cheers I'll do that. Wasn't thinking straight last night.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I've just ordered a new 310xt from handtec.co.uk which looked to be about 30 quid cheaper than Amazon.co.uk and even more of a difference than Wiggle could manage, even with the discounts added on. Their shipping is £20 to Ireland though so might not be enough of a difference to make them worthwhile.

Advertisement