Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are my producers at?

Options
  • 19-11-2010 11:18pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=167057819991284

This Wednesday is the last Sample Ed1t of 2010

At Sample Ed1t we invite people who make tunes to bring 'em along and the DJs will mix them in.
    Perfect for hearing your tracks in front of a crowd, back to back with similar tunes and get to meet others who also make tunes. Get positive feedback in real time.
    Exchange samples, tracks and ideas. Remix or collaborate.

Wednesday 24th - Shebeen Chic from 8 to close.

Free in and first 3 Cdrs we get get a free pint. :eek:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

iamstop wrote: »
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=167057819991284

This Wednesday is the last Sample Ed1t of 2010

At Sample Ed1t we invite people who make tunes to bring 'em along and the DJs will mix them in.
    Perfect for hearing your tracks in front of a crowd, back to back with similar tunes

See that's the thing. If you've noticed most people here don't make "similar tunes", ready for easy DJ mixing. I wouldn't mind doing it. But I'd need a to know what other kinds of tracks are being played so I can produce something that would fit in.

In fact I'd like to produce something for the night - But I would need to know what it has to sound like. I'm not DJ'ing or touring club nights, so I don't have a clue. I don't want to turn up with some Noobish embarrassing dog****.
    and get to meet others who also make tunes. Get positive feedback in real time.
    Exchange samples, tracks and ideas. Remix or collaborate.

Sounds cool, but what to produce.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

I see you have Ronan Marr and yourself down for DJ'ing.

I think I know Ronan Marr's stuff from listening to it through links in the boards I've heard some of your stuff too. You've probably heard some of mine - not really that sound.

I'd like to come along - but I don't want to produce something that's going to be an embarrassment.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

People,

I understand your concerns but there really is not a particular sound to Sample Ed1t.

I guess I'll give you a bit of my background.
    I've been DJing for about 16 years now. All records. I've got a very wide love and appreciation for music. I was rocking Pavorotti, Madonna, Bob Marley, Metallica and the Prodigy on my walkman back when I was 10 or so.
    Skip forward a decade or two and I've only diversified in my taste.

So a typical SE night starts off with some mellow enough downtempo chill stuff. Genres may include but are not limited to; Dub, Trip Hop, Hip Hop, Lounge, Roots Reggae, Electronica.
    A bit later on we step up the tempo and the energy to include breaks, funky and deep house, ninja tunes type experimental stuff, Warp recrods type stuff.
    By the end of the night the tempo is anywhere from 120 to 140 or beyond and pretty much depends on where the DJs have taken it. This is often steered by whatever CDs we've been given.

To conclude, there is no box to try to fit into, SE is about free expression, make what you feel like making and share it with us, the more experimental and fresher the better!
    Nobody who has come through so far has felt embarrassed or had reason to. It's no a competition, it's about creating a community to share tracks and a pint and a chat.
    I love hearing peoples tracks and I love hearing other DJs.

Hope this clears it up a bit. But sure come down and enjoy the show anyway if you don't want to bring a CD.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭romarr

can't recommend the sample ed1t night enough ! its always been great, good people and good music !

personal musical highlights for me this past sample ed1t season - first time seeing people dance to one of my tunes. Another time a dj playing a different tune of mine in the midst of a dub step set (that was a bit of a eye opener ! played much faster with a dub step beat underneath and it was deadly).

its well worth bringing down a song or two...

hope to see ya there krd - tune in hand or not

Advertisement