Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stove Surrounds - Need ideas??

• 20-11-2010 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi All,
    Need some advice. Have to install a stove this week, it will be set in, in the chimney. Basicaly i need ideas/suggestions of how to finish around. Im open to anything except red brick and not stone either as im putting that around another fireplace. Also would love to see some images if anyone has photos to send on. thanks a mil.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Here's ours, set back into the chimney..
    As I said in a previous post it's used everyday and a little dusty in the photo..

stovef.th.jpg

It's nice and simple, the walls are plasterboard but the inset round the stove is sand/cement plaster.. I had the satinless surround done as a favour by a friend with the intention of painting it black but liket is the way it came...
    Under the chimney gatherer is sheted with stainless with a hole where the flue goes through..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

flowers wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Need some advice. Have to install a stove this week, it will be set in, in the chimney. Basicaly i need ideas/suggestions of how to finish around. Im open to anything except red brick and not stone either as im putting that around another fireplace. Also would love to see some images if anyone has photos to send on. thanks a mil.

Depends on how your house looks and is decorated and the look you want to achieve.

Old style/country cottage look or modern clean contempary look???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭North West

Hi flowers
    Looks good. Try tile suppliers I have seen a lovely ruffelled effect slate type tile would look very nice. Nearly same colour as stove would give good effect.

North West

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Jotul2.jpgJotul2.jpg

Old roof slates used to line the opening and as a pad.

Advertisement