Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difficult Landlord

Options
  • 17-11-2010 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

€850pm, €425 each for a crap 2bed townhouse with one bathroom. deposit was €950, extra €100 for 'just in case' :eek:. Landlady very rude.
    Such a rip, and cant leave till july next year, heart sinks a little each day.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

€850pm, €425 each for a crap 2bed townhouse with one bathroom. deposit was €950, extra €100 for 'just in case' :eek:. Landlady very rude.
    Such a rip, and cant leave till july next year, heart sinks a little each day.

Can you not just give 30 days notice and leave??

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

Extra hundred quid just in case?

I wouldve told her to f*** off right there and then...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

dory wrote: »
    Can you not just give 30 days notice and leave??

Yeah my housemates friend is a solicitor and they had a look through it a few weeks ago, the very wordy/gobbledygook contract that we signed (at the time when we signed the contract the house/everything in it seemed fine) and found there is no way out of it unless we want to move out and keep paying for it until the end of July.
    I would say yeah fcuk her and we'll just leave the gaff how would she get the money out of us?, but she has all our details for work refs etc and she comes across as someone who will hound/bring us to court until she gets it all and I want my deposit back.

Last bankholiday weekend on the sunday I was in town and housemate was at home. We both got a txt from landlady saying "We(her and husband) are coming around to view the house today, see you in a half hour" I replied saying sorry but you need to give us at least 24hrs notice (basic rule, to tidy up and stuff) and she didnt bother replying to me, instead she rang housemate asking where I was and what have we got to hide etc!
    Shes a bit of a bitch to us.
    I miss my old gaff :(

Extra hundred quid just in case?

I wouldve told her to f*** off right there and then...

Lol I know that now!

See I was side tracked, because it is a nice house! the cracks showed a little while later as these things usually do.

Learnt our lesson for next time. Just keep the head down now and hope the next 9 months fly by.

Theres two sides to every story! What'd you do to her? :-)

To keep the topic on track a little, im now paying 300pm for the box room in a very nice (but badly insulated) house in drumcondra! Pretty nice price me thinks?

Lol we did nothing at all, she is just a bit of a nasty landlady really who knows how to cover her ass with an air-tight contract.

ok will stop talking now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Thread split.

There is the option of assigning the lease to someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭gossipgal08

Has she not broken the lease by not given enough notice to view the house

Has she not broken the lease by not given enough notice to view the house

We dont know if landlady came over or not cause the house mate who was in the house at the time had a argument with the landlady on the phone about not giving notice and went out in a rage.

I dont think anyone would take up the lease for here sadly.

Edit: didnt realise this was a thread split.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

The next time she tries to come over like that make sure you are in the house, and if she tries to let herself in call the guards and have her arrested for trespassing. She may own the house but while you are the tenants she has no right to be in it without your consent.

djimi wrote: »
    The next time she tries to come over like that make sure you are in the house, and if she tries to let herself in call the guards and have her arrested for trespassing. She may own the house but while you are the tenants she has no right to be in it without your consent.

Thanks, I think the housemate said that to her on the phone at the time, but i dont think landlady is that stupid to do that again. Prob wont hear from here untill the new year.

Advertisement