Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We don't want a thread on every little thing you think about the economy - superlock

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭who what when

Maybe Brian Cowen isnt so bad after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

She is the ****! !

Well, I agree with this bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Not a recession thread but....a recession thread.

Pm me for clarification.

GO ON MARY!!! She is the ****! MARY FOR TAOISEACH!

Would be optimal if she moved to Fine Gael though!

Politics forum is your friend here op.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Some12

As serious as Ireland's economic situation is:mad:, I can't believe a joke thread has not been started. I've been waiting to have a good laugh at our misfortune.

The Independent started it off with:

IMF = Cowen saying "I'M Fecked!"

And "Enda' next" - "Enda what? Ireland Fianna Fail?"

Lets hear the jokes!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

There was a young man named cowen
    Who landed us in the brown.
    After all the frolics
    We're up to our bollix
    Now the IMF are in town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 gaelic_fella

• Registered Users Posts: 31,074 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

That's not Jim Corr, it's a robot programmed to speak exactly like him.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

We've already had this thread mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭seithon

I think this video explains not only how it happened but how it's being solved quite nicely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_3T-Af57Pg&NR=1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-whu-WHA?....oh.......zzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Folks please use the existing threads or the politics / economy forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

I was just talking to an aunt who has fallen on bad times and called into a social welfare office in meath where she is from and she reckons that there was a lot of people receiving bags full of chrstmas toys. now this is not pub talk and I would believe my aunty but this still doesnt sound right to me? i mean we hear stories of people getting free prams and all that but i still dont belive that as i think it is rumours put out to stir trouble against people on welfare. what do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Brian Cowen is in trouble again, this time for being sexist by asking Eamon Gilmore to "try and rein her in now and again" in a Dail debate where Joan Burton kept interrupting him in his answers to questions.

I'd be interested to know the feelings of female members of Boards about this, but I wonder, if he had referred to a male deputy and asked "Try and rein him in..." would there have been an outcry? Is Joan Burton such a delicate flower that she finds the title "Her" offensive? Would she have been happier if he had said "Rein it in"?

Perhaps we should make the Dail sexless, where it is not permitted to acknowledge whether a deputy is male or female. In fact, while we are at it, let's make the term "her" or "him" illegal. Let's adopt the simple title "citizen" and continue to pretend that there are no sexes. Men will be expected to give birth by law and women will be expected to inseminate.

I have no time for Brian Cowen, but the man is under great pressure at the moment. In his position, being continually interrupted when trying to speak, I think I might have been tempted to simply shout "For fecks sake shut up!"

Given the condition in which Ireland finds itself at the moment, I wonder if Joan Burton and her outrage are a good justification for more women in politics, or are they more interested in screaming "abuse" than finding a way to overcome the real issues. All I know is that Labour has lost my vote if it ever had any chance of it. Labour party, that was childish!

Yesterdays news tbh.

You can pm me if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Cathald04

cowan.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Misanthrope

Pity they couldn't spell

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

That would never hold him.

Its Cowen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

CowEn!

12:12 club! \o/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 mrjaygibbs

I've decided to cut back on the amount of tax I pay each year, I'm sick of watching my hard earned money being wasted by a r s e h o l e s in power! I pay OTT prices and taxes on everything I own and now they want the last bit of money I earn to pay for yet another bailout! I agree we should all help do this but enough is enough! No pay cut for overpaid morons in office yet again but tax the **** out of people and cut the minimum wage and kill the middle class! Roll on the black-markets and backdoor shops of the 80s and f&@k taxes!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Because Brian Cowen's kids need new shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Look away!
    Look back!
    Their shoes are now diamonds!

Lol, I heard when they walk they put taxpayers under there feet so they don't step in dirt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

So you asking your HR department to lower your tax contribution.
    I am interested in how this works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I don't think "Because I don't want to!" is listed as a legitimate reason for exemption from paying tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Wesley Snipes.

red menace wrote: »
    So you asking your HR department to lower your tax contribution.
    I am interested in how this works

I'm self employed and do my tax returns yearly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Revenue Audit

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement