Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We don't want a thread on every little thing you think about the economy - superlock

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Fouloleron

The Truth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Hitler, Napoleon, Jesus, Ronald Reagan and some Russian hookers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,942 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Mé Féin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I think they should. They made a complete balls of the country IMO. Got us into this present situation, bailed out the bankers to keep the rich safe and hit the poor where it hurts.

I remember Enda Kenny suggested back in March that Biffo should be up for it and Biffo didn't like it one bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

There is no such crime in this country AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Of course they should. If I went to a shop and stole sweets I would be brought up for it. These crooks deserve much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Should CorkMan be up for "putting a thread in After Hours when it really should be in Politics"?

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

The Mad Hatter Tea Party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

I can't believe it's not FF!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Definitely the surprise party.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭bobblepuzzle

Does anyone else think it should be scrapped??

Why are they defending it in the four year plan? That agreement was reached when our financial circumstances were different, it should be torn up... Ultimately taxpayers and those buying goods are going to be paying to keep civil servants overly happy in a time of absolute depression for this country, an absolute disgrace, tear the f**king thing up you morons in government!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 crixus veritas

People seem to forget that Public servants had already taken big hits before the CPA - i'm mid-level and my net pay dropped 25%, so i'm f*cked if i'm going to agree to any more reductions, CPA or not.

All this renewed focus on the CPA was a deliberate move by FF to once again shift the focus to a Public vs Private argument - i thought people had got wise to that manipulation, obviously not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Romantic Croke Park's dead and gone
    It's with the biffo on the scrap heap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

People seem to forget that Public servants had already taken big hits before the CPA - i'm mid-level and my net pay dropped 25%, so i'm f*cked if i'm going to agree to any more reductions, CPA or not.

All this renewed focus on the CPA was a deliberate move by FF to once again shift the focus to a Public vs Private argument - i thought people had got wise to that manipulation, obviously not.

GET HIM!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

The Smartie Party.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

I am sick of all the whinging and complaining on here about how the country is gone down the toilet.

I don't believe in violent protests but I do want to inject some money into the economy and help cut the budget deficit.

Yes, thst's right, unlike all the whiners and complainers sitting idly by bitching and moaning and doing nothing I am taking direct action to get our country out of the crisis.

I bought a giant panda bear in Shannon Airport a few days ago and I was going to give it to my girlfriend as she adores Chinese culture, but then I decided in these dreadul times as our country faces it's darkest moments to make this great sacrifice and deny my girlfriend the bear.

So I have decided to organise a raffle, the top three prizes are

1. the giant panda bear signed by Brian Dowling who I bumped into at the airport (the autograph does not encessarily gayify the bear unless that is your perogative on winning - if that is the case pink markers are included in the prize

2. chopsticks customised for use in Ireland with foldaway blade for cutting rashers and mini potato masher on top end of the sticks (surprisingly rejected by dragons den thus making it even more of a collecxtors item)

3. a 200g pack of tofu completing the oriental theme

So please pm if you are interested, tickets are 10 euros and security is guaranteed as I'll only accept payment via paypal via pm. All profits from this raffle (after expenses, administration fees and personal VAT are guaranteed to be reinvested in Irish-owned businesses). I'm not saying the proceeds of this raffle will clear all our debt but I don't think I'm being overly optimistic when I say I hope to make a huge dent in our national debt.

If you want to help save your economy then please enter this raffle, your country needs you so put the cynicism to one side for a moment and dig deep in your heart, your soul and your pockets to preserve this little notion we all hold dear called Ireland. Join the ranks of Wolfe Tone, Parnell, O' Connell, Pearse and Collins and enter the "Super Oriental Love you long time Raffle for Ireland"

Romantic Ireland's not dead and gone just yet, a simple giant panda teddy bear calls out to the inert patriot within you to be roused and save the nation, do not let him down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Join the queue dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭D e e

Tl;dr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Oh noooo!!! This giant panda will kill us all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

And And! And

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭shebango

Trevor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

How can anyone look on the brightside of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Who's us:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Lambsbread

The bankers will do okay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Who's us:

you

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Sprouts

ilovesleep wrote: »
    How can anyone look on the brightside of that.

Go back to sleep

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Last October Germany paid off the very remainder of its war reparations owed from the cost put on it from World War Two and its winners.

We are now just about saddled with the same type of long term debt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Mozoltov!

"No Ireland, we wont lend you money."

"What's that Britain, you'd like a loan of some money at an interest rate of 1.5% so you can lend it to Ireland at a rate of 5%?. Sounds like a great idea, do you take cheque?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Biggins wrote: »
    Last October Germany paid off the very remainder of its war reparations owed from the cost put on it from World War Two and its winners.

We are now just about saddled with the same type of long term debt.

Why the hell are they starting WW3.

Were pushovers. Were going to lie down and take it all

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement