Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deathly Hallows Part 1 Film

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

After re-watching azkaban just there, Im so glad that curon wasnt let anywhere near the last one.

God that was awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Watched the DVD last night and must admit I wasn't very impressed with it at all. I thought they dragged out the scenes in the woods and for any one that didn't read the books it must of being very boring. Coming to think of it I was bored reading the book as well. Thought the acting wasn't too bad but it all felt a bit rushed. Looking forward to the final instalment I'm sure its going to be a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Davabo wrote: »
    I was very dissapointed with his film,

I re-read the book one day before i saw the film, and they leave so many little parts out. (The parts that make the book).

*They needed to show stan stumpike and expelliarmus (Spelling?).
    *They needed to show the dursleys departure, the way dudley and aunt pentuna actually cared for harry.
    *They went to aunt muriels in the book after moving harry, in the movie they went straight to the burrow
    *And a MAJOR factor for me was how at the wedding, Harry was not harry!, He was barney weasly, under pollyjuice potion. Krum needed to be included too.
    *They also left out the ginny and harry scene in the bedroom?
    *Wormtails death?

Thats all from the top of my head, I honestly had to turn off the film and rewatch it at another stage, I lost interest and i am a huge potter fan.

I can only hope part 2 will be amazing.

My thoughts exactly, these things are important towards the end, none more than the Stan Shunpike scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

TheBuilder wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly, these things are important towards the end, none more than the Stan Shunpike scene.

How so? Maybe I'm not remembering, but I can't think of why that would be crucial.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

How so? Maybe I'm not remembering, but I can't think of why that would be crucial.

The ending centre's around how "expelliarmus" has become Harry's signature spell and its shown in the book as how Stan Shunpike recognises him in the chase from Privet Drive. Then it ends with how Harry only needs to use the same spell that he has used so much over the 7 years to disarm Voldemort of the Elder Wand and finish him off. I just think it would have been better to show this connection as its bound to leave those who haven't read the books asking how he killed him with a disarming spell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 carol111

yeah its really nice movie.

Advertisement