Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should TG4 be closed down in the 2011 budget?

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

1916 Seachtar na Casca,

You know there have been many documentaries done on the 1916 rising and the people involved, but the the ones shown on TG4 at the moment are excellent and give the most moving account of the sacrifices of ordinary people
    during that time.
    Oh by the way its a mix of english speaking actors and Irish narrative, so something
    for everyone, I guess.
    Well done TG4

You can watch these in 3 parts on the TG4 website by the way
    http://live.tg4.ie/main.aspx?content=330832992257

Oh dear, Here comes 5 pages of Irish speakers being called terrorists.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Crosáidí wrote: »
    there's 2nd/3rd generation Irish speakers in America also
    Oh, I was aware, and Scots Gaelic speakers in Canada especially, but Welsh speakers in Argentina was a new one on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

FrostyJack wrote: »
    What diverity does it show? English programmes in Irish and cheapo Irish versions of X-Factor etc. It does have some good stuff: The Wire, Curbs, a few documentaries. These are on other "foreign" channels now so negate it unless you live in the sticks.

It had a show on it a while back I remember seeing about Ulster Scots (The language up North, can be seen on Waterways Ireland signs). It is the only time I've seen anything about the language/dialect up there, and in all honesty I'd have a lot more time for it having seen it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

FrostyJack wrote: »
    What diverity does it show? English programmes in Irish and cheapo Irish versions of X-Factor etc.
    Fíorscéal shows stuff that isn't shown on other Irish or UK channels

Blind date Irish style - the mother chooses the date :D

RTE do travel programs which are sponsored holidays for the presenters and/or ads for the travel companies. TG4 do backpacker stuff where they meet real people and it isn't always rosy.

The Revolution Will Not Be Televised

I can't imagine RTE or TV3 showing things like Oz until long after they've been proved popular / the price has dropped

And I missed the start of Unleashed :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Jobs for the galway massive is all it is:p

Advertisement