Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marley and Me - Did ya cry?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Didn't cry during marley & me but by god did I bawl my eyes out at Hachi, saddest film EVER and it takes a lot to make me cry. :eek: There's only 3 films that make me cry every time, hachi, the notebook and city of angels.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 kalie

I watched it with my lab, it was like watching her life all over. she was the female marley. Yep i cried hard at the end.
    Since then my lab died and it would break my heart to watch the film again.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Rhamiel

Dont know what the hullabaloo is about this film... its a corny, predictable, badly made pay-day for jennifer aniston and owen wilson! Its not that Im heartless or dont care for dogs either.. I have had a golden labrador for 14 years and will be in bits when she goes but that film is terrible!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

I didn't watch it because I heard it would make me cry :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Jinxi

Turner and HOoch is on right now!!!

I love the book, got all weepy at the end.

But the main reason I cried at the end of the film is because of the bad acting.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

what! when and where was turner and hooch on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

~Turner and Hooch was on TV3 earlier today. I watched the first bit then switched off coz I knew I'd cry.

I've not watched marley and me because I cry even thinking about it. No way would I be able to sit through it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I dunno. Thought it was a crap film (mediocre acting/script/directing/etc), and usually whenever it comes to animals I cry-- I even felt a lump in my throat in I Am Legend (I've always had Sheps!) and can't go to rescue/pound websites because I get depressed for the abandoned dogs. But Marley and Me (the movie) did nothing for me.. book did, though :o Was in bits after that.

Ye lot would commit suicide after watching Old Yeller if you're that sad after Marley and Me! Now THAT is a depressing movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Jinxi

It was rte2.
    Turner and Hooch is totaly worth thesad bit cus I laugh mao through most of it.

Old Yeller, when the hell is that ever on...and I watch ALOT of tv!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Turner and hooch

Hooch howling

Turner: "What is it!!!!!???!!! What you want a Margirita??!!! WHAT??!!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    Did anyone see Hatchi-a dogs tale? The saddest movie I ever watched :(

I still well up thinking of the story :(
    I was about to post that film :( It was so so sad :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

Galway K9 wrote: »
    Turner and hooch

Hooch howling

Turner: "What is it!!!!!???!!! What you want a Margirita??!!! WHAT??!!!"

:D:D:D

So many funny bits! I think that's why it's so unexpected that he dies at the end :(

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

I cried my eyes out, I think you'd want to be pretty heartless not to lol! Even my sister's boyfriend who was complaining about watching a stupid, soppy film and isn't an animal person shed a few tears.

It made me cry the most out of any film I've seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I refuse to watch that film again... (i bawled like a little girl at the end)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

I was in pieces come the end of that movie - even though we all knew how it was going to end!! It wasn't so much Marley's story that got to me, it just made me think of all the dogs I've lost throughout the years and then I got really upset!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

I watched it in Fuerteventura on my laptop with my wife and we knew how it was going to end but both of us were inconsolable. All I wanted was to go home and be with my little lady who was in my in-laws having the time of her life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

I just saw it now for the first time. I think I flooded my bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

I never saw it and stopped reading the book once someone told me it was sad. :rolleyes: I cant rationalise why I would watch a film that makes me miserable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

I keep refusing to watch it as I know I'll sop, I'll hold my two doggies and sob. I don't want to think of them getting old and dying, their only 1 and 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 AnnyGirl

Goldenegg wrote: »
    Ooooh yeah!
    I did it too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

In my whole life I've witnessed my dad cry just three times- when his mother died, when our dog died, and the third time was watching this movie!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭evilmonkee

Marley & me - bawled my little eyes out, even my OH was crying on the couch (and he doesnt have the undying devotion to dogs that I do)

Turner and Hooch - I was assured that the end didnt turn out the way it did (don't want a spoiler if someone hasnt seen it), as I refused to watch it otherwise. So I was about to cry but then it turned into anger at being blatently lied to about something which would upset me.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ohmfg

Read the book and cried my eyes out - I couldn't get over the fact (in the book) that although Marley was very elderly and ill, they still went on vacation? If that was us, not in a million - anyway:).

Saw it the first time and cried - did anyone else hate J.A. in it? I thought she was so brittle and tense.
    Last night I watched it in bed, with the two cuddle monsters practically lying on me. I watched it up to the part where they have moved and it's just after the first snow fall.
    I turned if off then, didn't want to go to sleep with tears in my eyes:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Wow, I didn't cry once during that film and would have gotten rid of the dog long before it kicked the bucket, preferably to people who can train a dog to be a dog and not a monster. I thought it was just ridiculous and felt sorry for J.Aniston's character putting up with a mutt who is destroying her home, knocking her children over and is basically a disaster on 4 legs ( no wonder she was brittle). Dry-eyed I remained right to the tedious end.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Refused to watch it in the cinema as I’d read the book so I knew what was coming. (The OH is softer than me & had refused to read the book)
    We put the other 3 dogs into another room & sat on the couch with our 10 year old golden lab to watch it. Needless to say we both howled for most of it.
    I’d never watch Hachi, I wouldn’t be able for it.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I always cry watching it, and my OH also bawled in the cineama watching it. Watched it last night and cried again.

I was also in tears last week reading a book called "The art of racing in the rain". The book is told entirely through the eyes of a dog:D who loves all doggy things like walks and cuddles but also loves motor racing. Very sad at the outset as he's looking over his life and it's obvious the dog is going to die but I couldn't put it down and was in bits when it finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

The part of the movie which struck a chord with me was the scene at the vets where the ultimate decision had to be taken to put Marley to sleep. The movie was released around the same time I had to put my buddy Remy to sleep. Every dog owner who has gone through that process will be effected by that scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,458 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Marley reminds me of my dog a bit. I was in stitches laughing at it until the very end, then I cried

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

No but turned it off when the dog
    started getting sick
    why what happened? :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Not a drop, that dog was a massive pain in the arse.

Advertisement