Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marley and Me - Did ya cry?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

I most definitely cried, just brought back memories of having to put down one of my dogs.
    I normally would not be one to cry while watching films but I was in bits watching it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

the bag of pedigree chum made me wince.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

I dont think I would get on to well with someone who did'nt cry :rolleyes:

I was a mess :o

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Bubs99

I read about the book before it was even released in Ireland so I ordered it. The film was just an idea at that stage.

I could'nt put the book down it was so good (and real). When I finished it, I roared my eyes out. My boyfriend had to comfort me, i cried so much.

Maybe also, because I had to put my 8 year old yorkshire terrier to sleep months before I read the book also.

I was looking forward to the film in the cinema but no, I actually didnt cry.

One thing for sure though, I will never ever get a labrador as a pet. I know they're not all like that but I know a few people who have them and their dogs are maniacs...again...I know, they're not trained but still. No labrador for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

I watched it once i seen this thread to see if it was really bad.

I cried but not because I liked the dog Marley but it just showed me what I have in store for me with my two even though their young (2 and 1). I couldn't imagine life without them now

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭chris139ryan

only film iv ever seen that has made me cry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Seen it 3 times so far and cried everytime.
    First time was after my dog had died.....talk about floods of tears!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

I must have awful thick skin, didn't shed a tear at it! The notebook is the only film I bawl my eyes out at! Books on the other hand is a different story, the art of racing in the rain is very similar to Marley & me and I bawled my eyes out at the end, and cleo is another sad one about a cat. Endal is another sad one but from what I remember when it was released he was still alive, I seen the documentary on tv about him before I read the book and it said at the end he had died and I cried because I had been following him for a while. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Penname

Cried like a little girl...... I've seen it three times and each time I've cried earlier and earlier during it as I know what's coming.

I used to be a vet nurse and putting dogs to sleep was part of my job and it never got any easier. Worst was when my boyfriends (now husband) dog came in to be put to sleep. It was so upsetting.... Marley and Me reminds me of this. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,942 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yep, cried like a little baby.

Didn't feel bad about it at all as according to my Facebook news feed, everyone else was crying too! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Didn't cry. Got pissed off about two people who couldn't control their dog.

Did you know that John Grogan, Marley's owner, got another labrador and it was killing his chickens and he called Cesar Milan in to help him control it? It had no manners either. I'm seeing one consistent theme in the Grogans and their dogs, and it ain't the dogs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

A little, but nothing compared to when u finished the book, I bawled above in my bed for a full half an hour. I also cried at hachi, watched it with 4 friends we all cried. My dog skip too.

None doggy films, I shed a couple of twars watching the notebook, but by god did I cry watching into the wild, my friend fell asleep for the end of it thank god, gave me a bit of time to compose myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

God, I'm bad at the best of times so don't think I'll put myself through this!

I've just seen a 1 year old chocolate lab was surrendered into the pound by his owner for being too boisterous. Guess what his name was?! I reckon someone saw the film and thought it would be a good idea to get a lab pup who has now ended up in the pound. That's sadder than any film if you ask me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Hey if your a dog lover this film is a must see :) saw it last night now for the 1st time :eek:
    everytime since iv been with my beloved dog non stop :)
    whats everyones take on it that has seen it :D?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭who what when

Its the saddest film ive ever seen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I watched this film for the first (and last!!) time a while ago.
    I thought it was the biggest waste of an hour and a half I have ever spent.

It was awful!!!

if ya didnt find it sad your def not a pet person :D
    ill agree and say some bits where boring, but being an adult man i can never remember actually crying at a film, in which this i did :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I had to stifle the tears..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

It was made to tug at yer heart strings, simples

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I am a REAL pet person.
    I just found the storyline was rubbish.
    There was no chemistry between Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston.
    The dog was cute. That's all it had going for it!

Everyone I know who had seen it had really built it up as a complete tearfest (both men and women), so I was looking forward to it, but it was just lacking something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I call it the idiots guide to getting and owning a dog - what not to do! :p

haha good one :D if i watched this before i got mine i might of have 2nd toughts :D lol
    anyone seen the 2nd one "marley and me the puppy years"
    Got a lend of that for tonight i dont know what im in for ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭Groom!

An even better movie in my opinion....lots of huskies and malamutes in it!

AND also based on a true story. Made by Disney. It is brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I've never seen in, because it's not my type of film, but from what I've gathered it's about two people who get an ill-bred dog, don't train it, and then get pissed off when they have problems with its behaviour. I don't really see what's to like about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,942 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It's Hollywood stylised sentimental trash..

.. 'Hachi'... now THAT'S sad!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭chris139ryan

I love the film but its so sad

I wasnt my type of film either :) i heard about it 3 years ago and only watched it last night :) hate both the main actors but thats not the point :D
    Just watching the 2nd one now, was not expecting
    the animals to talk in it
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Thread merged with previous Marley & Me thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

It's no hatchiko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Yup cried a river. Very good film too. :)

Advertisement