Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marley and Me - Did ya cry?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

star-pants wrote: »
    Thread merged with previous Marley & Me thread

thanks never knew this was here, 1st time posting :D every person i know that watched it cryed or at least had a tear in their eyes :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Oh I was in effin floods. Noah was heading to B&Q to stock up on wood and making enquiries at the zoo...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

I was working in a Dvd rental shop when this came out. Was working on my own one night and decided to put it on. Cue serving customers in floods of tears :o.

It didn't help that we had a Golden Lab growing up either very similar personality wise to Marley.

The customers must of thought I was a mentalist :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

Marley and me - yes a little at the end

but...........................................
    Cherrycoke wrote: »
    Did anyone see Hatchi-a dogs tale? The saddest movie I ever watched :(

I still well up thinking of the story :(

Are you kidding me? A story about pet abandonment - I thought the owners were SICK SICK PUPPIES and warn off all animal lovers. Not only did the wife fop off and leave the dog to fend for himself when her hubbie died but some how the kids thought it would be grand to just open the gate and let the dog walk out. They should have been brought up on charges of animal abuse. THAT IS ALL! Sorry, that movie gets under my skin.

Now, for a similar story that had me bawling like a baby on the streets of Edinburgh was "Grayfriars Bobby". Elderly shepard dies and the little dog sits on his grave until it too dies.... Thinking about it now makes me want to cry!!!!! kleenex at the ready!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Now, for a similar story that had me bawling like a baby on the streets of Edinburgh was "Grayfriars Bobby". Elderly shepard dies and the little dog sits on his grave until it too dies.... Thinking about it now makes me want to cry!!!!! kleenex at the ready!

Fantastic! - The original, not the disney remake. The full original can be watched on youtube!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fitzg

oh hell yes :) luckily I had my guinea pig on my lap for cuddles!
    Gawd, that scene where he takes the dog to the vet and the vet talks about his chances of making it being slim and then he says, "but Marlay's not like other dogs" aw sooooo sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Basq wrote: »
    It's Hollywood stylised sentimental trash..

.. 'Hachi'... now THAT'S sad!

Agree with you there.

I thought bawling for over an hour after Marley and Me ended was bad enough until I watched Hachi.... am welling up here all over again just thinking about it

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

Fantastic! - The original, not the disney remake. The full original can be watched on youtube!

Cool! Thanks for the tip, I know what I will be doing tonight :(

I agree 100% on only watching the original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

My sister came home from the cinema with puffy eyes, told me what happened and we both roared like maniacs. I've still not managed to watch it to this day. Bawled at I am Legend too, thinking about the poor shep still gets the tears going. And lastly, Up. Not exactly in relation to dogs, but my ex tricked me into thinking it would be hilarious and ten minutes in I thought I was having a heart attack from the stress of crying :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

it was on tonight, switched it on towards the end, turned it off again, i can't watch the last 30 minutes, i'm a blubbering mess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

I cried my eyes out when I read the book, I was living in America at the time, and it upset me alot because I really missed my own dog. I've always wanted to see the movie, but my own beloved pooch died 4 weeks ago so I know now I definitely dont want to see it anytime soon, especially as I know the ending :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I wont watch that film cos I know I would be a blubbering mess by the end. Also I cant stand Owen Wilson in movies :D

Does anybody remember the episode of Futurama where Fry finds the fossilised remains of his dog and then it shows how the dog died (waiting outside the pizza place where worked every day until he just lay down and died).

It was one of the saddest things I have ever seen and it was a bloody cartoon :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,774 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I bawled. When I finished the book, and both times I've seen the film.

I LOVE dogs and it reminded me of all the great pets I've had down through the years, and having to say goodbye to them too... :(

People dying in films? Meh. But dogs? Gets me everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭too little too late

Bawled from middle to end of film. then watched it again (??????) but still bawled. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Yup! Bawled my eyes out with the book. Couldn't bear to watch the film, as I knew I'd never make it to the end...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Like. A. Baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

it was the movie for my 12 hour long flight last year, it was only central screens not own entertainment systems, not a dry eye on the flight, even my cat loving GF was in bits by the end of the movie, gas really the entire plane sobbing....loads of kids were really in tears really visibly upset...

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

I can't watch it because I know it will upset me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Seb_bixby

Finished the book last night. Decided to read it after seeing this post. Was thinking to myself"I won't cry, can't be that sad":rolleyes:
    I am now eating my words, soooo sad, bawled my way through the whole of the end. Lying in bed trying not to wake the OH while leaking tears. Great book though.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

I read the book and had to keep putting it down to stop myself from crying. I watched the film a few weeks after and my god it was a disappointment. If you got emotional watching the film then you don't have a chance with the book!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭sionnaic

Are you kidding me? A story about pet abandonment - I thought the owners were SICK SICK PUPPIES and warn off all animal lovers. Not only did the wife fop off and leave the dog to fend for himself when her hubbie died but some how the kids thought it would be grand to just open the gate and let the dog walk out. They should have been brought up on charges of animal abuse. THAT IS ALL! Sorry, that movie gets under my skin.

Me too!! I got so so angry watching that film, it was on the other night. I was just so disgusted by the attitude of the "owners"

oh look Haachi is my hero, I think we should let him "honour" his dead master by "giving him the freedom" to live a life of cold, hungry, lonely, pining misery for 10 years as a stray who lives under a fecking train in the snow.

Awful awful awful AWFUL story of cruel and willful neglect

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Last time I watched that was the day Sandy was put down :( Bawled for another 4 hours!!

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

watched parts of it and it was a great film but could not watch the ending as it would be very upsetting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

Read the book first...sobbed like a baby. Really, it was ridiculous.

Watched the movie months later....sobbed like a baby. Really, not good. Then I went and gave my Great Dane a well-deserved and probably overdue cuddle.

Advertisement