Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy metal taxi

Options
  • 20-11-2010 4:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

Dunno if this is alowd but........

Just got taxi home from dublin city centre. the taxi guy was bang on and was playing some good metal. we discussed everything from FNM to rotting christ to deftones to maiden. `not sure if i can post his number here, i only got lift home but if it is kosher then i will.........mods let me know. I dont drive the cab, just got drunken lift home.

FRAG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭distraction

fookin A
    would love a lift and a thrash

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

frag420 wrote: »
    Dunno if this is alowd but........

Just got taxi home from dublin city centre. the taxi guy was bang on and was playing some good metal. we discussed everything from FNM to rotting christ to deftones to maiden. `not sure if i can post his number here, i only got lift home but if it is kosher then i will.........mods let me know. I dont drive the cab, just got drunken lift home.

FRAG
    If you don't know whether something is allowed or not surely step one would be to read the charter of the forum and if you're still unsure ask the moderator of the forum directly before putting up a thread?

Anyway, the third line of the charter states:
    NO ADVERTISING / FOR SALE ADS
    Advertising, or pimping for anything is completely out of the question.
    Putting up a taxi number counts as advertising in my opinion so if anyone wants the number of this taxi guy, please PM frag420.

On a vaguely related note, the bass player in my last band drives a taxi in Galway City and will also be only too happy to discuss Rock & Metal with any like-minded passengers. If anyone's in Galway looking for a taxi PM me and I'll send you his number.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

I drive a taxi in Dundalk and I always metal blasting except when I am leaving the oldies home from bingo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Would love to do this to a people carrier. Do it up a la Tour Bus style. Beer cans, cigarette butts, smell o'pish. I'd only play Irish bands in it though (Warpath, Putrefy, Morphosis, devilmakesthree, Nephridium, Overoth, Abaddon Incarnate, Coldwar, Slave Zero, Atrax Mantis. Keeping the scene alive!)

THAT would be a memorable taxi ride home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭donna.s

Wish more taxi drivers would turn up the music so you don't have to listen to them complaining about the economy and non-Irish

• Advertisement

donna.s wrote: »
    Wish more taxi drivers would turn up the music so you don't have to listen to them complaining about the economy and non-Irish

Only if it's GOOD music! :D

None of this radio ga ga sh!te.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

chin_grin wrote: »

What's wrong with Queen? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭donna.s

chin_grin wrote: »

Ah I'd rather listen to westlife than taxi drivers all moaning about the same crap :p

donna.s wrote: »
    Ah I'd rather listen to westlife than taxi drivers all moaning about the same crap :p

Six of one............ :pac:

Advertisement