Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westlife call for Irish 'positivity'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

What ****in planet are these guys on, millionaire popstars giving economic advice. It almost seems like theyve got a little world of their own.

Apologies, i'll get my coat.

I never laughed so hard in my life :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    A "band" ? Where not one of them plays and instrument ?

I know, shouldnt have used the word "band" - "gobshítes convention" would be more accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Sickening. Go back to your mansions for your get togethers with Bertie you parcels. Millionaires calling for "positivity".....:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

and from the quotes you can see they don't have an oirginal thought in their head just like their music

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

don't they just do covers? em westlife fans must be an eclectic bunch aka fans of nothing in particular that just think light shines out of those what they're besotted withs facial orifice. but worrying they're marketed as a tasteful boyband n portrayed as 'sensible' by their songpickers n stylists n thoughtists whist graftin away taking others' compositions singin their little hearts over to em making millions.. brazenly shaming our nation. would have been prime targets for a tiger kidnapping by now i'da thought? :confused: anyhow all's positive when youre selling out weeklong residencies even in the midst of this recession thing.. in fetching rick owens leather jackets costing thousands a piece.. even if they clash

that licky byrne is the ultimate cretin for sure i reckon if there was royalty ere he'da married into that instead, no doubt.. but closest thing. even if it appears he married into a witches coven she is a fcuking wretch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

Westlife seem like a nice bunch of lads (except for that donkey Kian that everyone says is a rude little bollocks!)....and Nicky is apparently a very friendly, decent guy....however, don't go telling Irish people to be positive when you're sitting in your massive house in Malahide counting your millions! Especially when your Daddy in law is one of the big reasons we're in this shit in the first place. Silly boy! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Nicky Byrne

He's related by marriage to that lying scumbag Ahern.

And what the hell is Byrne being quoted on the BBC Business site for?

Wouldn't listen to a word the clown says.

Ah would ye come off it, sure Berties an alright fella. Sure all we were calling for was a bit of possivity, is there anything wrong in that?

Go through life with a smile, theres too much gloom out there today. Smiling heals all. :D:):o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

Ah would ye come off it, sure Berties an alright fella. Sure all we were calling for was a bit of possivity, is there anything wrong in that?

Go through life with a smile, theres too much gloom out there today. Smiling heals all. :D:):o

Ah sure tis yourself Nicky, lend us a fiver would ya?! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

I've seen the error of my ways. Thank you good sir. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to positively think away €200,000,000,000 of national debt.

Daisy! wrote: »
    Ah sure tis yourself Nicky, lend us a fiver would ya?! :)

Ah sure go on bud, if it keeps ye happy :D;):)

What ****in planet are these guys on, millionaire popstars giving economic advice. It almost seems like theyve got a little world of their own.

Apologies, i'll get my coat.

Would ye come off it ye mad yoke! I grew up in a mad rough part of town and I express it through music, like eminem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Nicky and the boys merely wish to raise us up to more than we can be. Only the most craven cynic would condemn this badly needed injection of 'positivity'; i'd go so far as to say that Mr. Byrne's comments will single-handedly turn our fortunes around.
    Figures mean nothing when faced with the rallying cry of your average boyband member, delivered through teeth that call to mind the deathly, sterile whiteness of a mortuary wall.

ascanbe wrote: »
    Nicky and the boys merely wish to raise us up to more than we can be. Only the most craven cynic would condemn this badly needed injection of 'positivity'; i'd go so far as to say that Mr. Byrne's comments will single-handedly turn our fortunes around.
    Figures mean nothing when faced with the rallying cry of your average boyband member, delivered through teeth that call to mind the deathly, sterile whiteness of a mortuary wall.

Possitivity is the only way out bud, stop been so negative! :) :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Westlife seem like a nice bunch of lads (except for that donkey Kian that everyone says is a rude little bollocks!)....and Nicky is apparently a very friendly, decent guy....however, don't go telling Irish people to be positive when you're sitting in your massive house in Malahide counting your millions! Especially when your Daddy in law is one of the big reasons we're in this shit in the first place. Silly boy! :rolleyes:
    At the end of the day these fcuckfakes dont give a bollix about us. It amazes me the amount of people who care about where kian from westlife farted etc.Who effin cares. get on with your own life and forget about these posing wa:p:p:p:p:p!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

This thread made me look up Westlife on youtube. God I used to love them.

"If I let you go, I will never know, what my life would be - holding you close to me. Will I ever see, you smiling back at me, hoooooooow will I know, if I let you goooooo"

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

I remember when they were Westside. My coolness meter just went up a few notches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

says he after a decisive missed penalty.

he insisted on taking it, you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

You're actually kinda right, Nicky.
    I was just about to remove my comment, but you quoted the bloody thing.
    I was gonna remove it, because i didn't mean it as an attack on thee Nicky Byrne; i know nothing of the guy, except for the fact that he's not Ronan Keating.
    I'm sure he was just asked a question and responded in the best way he could.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

Nicky, isn't he the one with Bertie as a father in law??? :rolleyes:

A quick Google, and I see they have a new album out on Monday, they're nothing more than media whores, out doing a bit of promotional stuff, thinly disguised as notions of concern for Ireland.

I'm also fairly disappointed that the BBC would put this on their business site.

Ah well, gotta stay positive...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 uwala

Einhard wrote: »
    Sometimes a post comes along that plumbs new depths of idiocy. The above is one of them. I'm actually shaking my head in disbelief here.

Please point out whats idiotic about it. Why are you playing Mr Oh-so-tolerant-and-reasonable-Devil's-advocate with that "He's entitled to his opinion" bullsh1t. He ain't entitled to jack sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 FreeCheese4All

Nicky Byrne from Westlife economic cure: "Things are very bad," he says. "But when things are bad you need to dig deep and pull together. We're a good enough nation to do that."

taken from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11802271

So for families/people that are badly off, he reckons they should pool all of nothing that have. Then if other families/people pool all their nothingness together and then they all come together. Then we'll have a massive pooled resource of nothingness, fcuk,wow, I need to lie down.

You interpreted that from 2 sentences of a quote he gave?? Genius!!!

Get over it people. I've no like or dislike for westlife but we need all the positives we can get right now, and if that's westlife being Irish on the international stage or Mary Byrne in z-factor or god forbid,Bono being Bono......it's all positive amid the sho*ite were in. FFS it's just westlife. Direct your hatred towards the corrupt bankers who won't spend 60 seconds in a prison cell for the crimes they committed.

AH response: hate hate moan moan armchair commentate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 FreeCheese4All

Why not? Are people who made money not allowed to have an opinion? Typical Irish begrudging attitude. Fair play to anyone who has done well for themselves.

More of that and we might actually get out of this gloom

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bigbadbear

is everyone mad on here? give the guy a break. hes right you know! county is in shít no matter what. so Ireland can either be:
    a) in shít with happy upbeat people or
    b) in shít and full of moany miserable bástards

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

bigbadbear wrote: »
    b) in shít and full of moany miserable bástards

This country's true artistic brilliance is built on it being full of miserable cnuts. I'd rather be a miserable p1ssed off cnut than be merry and positive with fracktards like the Royal Ahern Family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

So for families/people that are badly off, he reckons they should pool all of nothing that have. Then if other families/people pool all their nothingness together and then they all come together. Then we'll have a massive pooled resource of nothingness, fcuk,wow, I need to lie down.

Sounds like the poor man's version of Anglo & NAMA to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

bigbadbear wrote: »
    in shít with happy upbeat people or

There's a place for that and it's called America
    Typical Irish begrudging attitude. Fair play to anyone who has done well for themselves.

More of that and we might actually get out of this gloom

I wouldn't like to see your top forty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

mikom wrote: »
    I wouldn't like to see your top forty.
    Found it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭doleman2010

Some chancers , at least Cowen can sing ,