Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair MBNA Credit Card

Options
  • 20-11-2010 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question. I paid off my credit card in full and there was a cheque (one i wrote to pay for something) outstanding that had not been charged to my account yet but I had paid the cheque amount off the bill anyway so was in credit with them. When i got this months statement though I was charged interest? My question is if your card is paid in full and used during the month and paid before bill comes in do you still get charged interest? Is it just on this card as I don't get charged when balance is zero on another card?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Credit card cheques are seen as the same as cash advance so you cannot avoid interest.

CC Cheques and cash advance should be avoided like the plague imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Thanks for the advice but my question is do you get charged interest if your balance is zero? MBNA didn't know about the cheque as it had not been charged to the account but the money was already paid off the card to cover the cheque so I was in credit yet still was charged interest.

Advertisement