Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

laptop tries to synch with network drives

• 20-11-2010 10:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

hi all.

I am wondeing if anyone can help.
    my wifes laptop from work was constantly trying to synch ( or at least connect ) to network drives.

I found an icon on the explore bar and tinkered with the contents a bit to stop the synch happening.

Anyway since the next restart - the desktop has changed ( mising icons etc ), clicking "My Computer" takes and age and I am getting a "Program Manager" error saying files //xxxxx//etc are not acessable ( I presume network drives ).

UNfortuneatly the icon is now gone for me to turn sycnh back on, so I am lost as to how to restore things.

Could it be a profile issue and thats why the icons changed ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

The laptop was presumably set to sync for the purpose of keeping network files available when offline (i.e. unplugged from the office network/servers).

If you've disabled this then the files, programs and related icons that were contained within these shares are no longer available when at home.

Likelihood is that you can't restore these. Your wife will have to ask the IT person to do so when she's in the office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

thanks for the reply.

I notice almost all of the icons have gone off the desktop - it must be that the profile has been deleted ?

thanks
    rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

How did you log in, the same name as before? Why do you keep asking about the profile. Did you do something with the profile?

You won't be able to fix the sync until its connected at work and can see the network files.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Shouldn't be anything to do with the profile.

More likely that the 'clean-up old shortcuts from the desktop' dialog appeared and someone clicked OK. As these shortcuts now point to a non-existent folder they might have been moved into the recycle bin.

Advertisement