Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Not denying the point raised but no hospital has weighed anybody or anything in lbs for years - it's all Kgs. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Yup! But i still weigh a fat 10'5:(
    most children it seems to be born is xlb y.oz

I hate the conversions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Nesta99 wrote: »
    Yup! But i still weigh a fat 10'5:(
    most children it seems to be born is xlb y.oz

:confused:

No midwife weighs babies in lbs & ozs any more!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Wizard01

:confused:

No midwife weighs babies in lbs & ozs any more!!

My health nurse, hospital nurses and doctor all weigh in lbs and ozs, he only got weighed this week at hospital, he is 4 stone 3 ozs.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Wizard01

Nesta99 wrote: »
    I wouldnt worry about using the wrong name too much as long as they are working with the correct chats and records.

Nope, it was the other child's medication she has come to administer to my son, when I told her my wee man's name, she quickly scarpered from the room!!

The head nurse was called as I really hit the roof at that stage, it was just one fiasco after another to be honest, never again if I can help it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 passenger555

Went yesterday to our lady of lourdes hospital for the 1st time. We had an appointment for our 12 week scan for our second child. My girlfriend had her heart set on the mlu. Apart feom having to wait about 2 hours after our appointmet time once in we were being seen by a lovely girl who is being trained as a midwife. At one stage she used her initiative and made a call to the mlu to see if she could clarify a doubt (her trainer was busy seeing other patients) and she did clarify this doubt. Once she was done a fully trained midwife came in whilst we were still discussing the issue to do with our elegibity to go into the mlu or not. The trainee began to explain, only began and the midwifey literally started barking and i mean barking NO NO NO NO NO, she cant go to the mlu, you are excluded etc etc at the same time she reprimanded (in frot of us which is extremely unporffesional) the trainee. Eventually the trainer midwife came in. At this stage my girlfriend was very upset at the way she had been spoken to and at the way the trainee had been spoken to, as well as not being able to use the mlu services, she told the trainer this and expressed how disgusted she felt by the rudeness of the first midwife. I still tried to reason with the midwifes, but all along i felt we wernt being listen to and i felt that they couldnt wait for us to get out of the room to go through the trainee. Btw the only person in that hospital that created a rapport with us was precisely the trainee and she gave us tones of info and set our worries at ease. So we left that unit fully disgusted to go to get our scan done. With the lady doing the scan we mentioned we would like her to measure the nuachal fold and she said this wasnt done in drogheda we would have to go private or something, i then qualified stating that in our first child it was measured and we were found to be high risk of a chromosomal disorder (this was in the uk), she then went on without thinking about it twice to try and give me a lecture on irish abortion law, i interrupted her mid sentence and just bluntly said " nobody has talked about abortion here", how darw she imply that we would terminate the pregnancy!!! We want to know!! We dont want an opinion we want the info that is all!! She then went on to do scan and point out how cute a hand was or a leg and didnt actually give us any medicaly relevant info. Pathetic!! We have had one child and early pregnancy was dealt with in the uk and late/birth in spain. Never have we been so offended and never has so much info been kept from us! The backwards ways of this hospital are a disgrace to Ireland and i can only hope for 2 things, first that the trainee didnt get it on the neck too much (i will write a letter of praise for her) and that when we get the transfer to another hospital the treat us ss if we are actually living in 2012.

Advertisement