Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horrorthon Friday Fright Nights

Options
  • 20-11-2010 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭

Got an email from the horrorthon chaps last night ... they were talking about showing films during the year outside of the halloween film festival as they often miss out the chance to show interesting films during the year. And it looks like they're rolling with this plan.

Friday night in the IFI they're doing a late night showing of RARE EXPORTS : A CHRISTMAS TALE.

Can't make it myself, but it looks like it might be a fun film.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

not sure if I can make it my self but thanks for letting us know and if you hear of more showings be sure to let us all know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭mbv

Friday 1st April at 32:15

HORRORTHON'S FRIDAY FRIGHT NIGHT PRESENTS THE IRISH PREMIERE OF… ADAM GREEN'S HATCHET II
    Horrorthon's Friday Fright Night presents, in association with Arrow Films, the Irish premiere of Adam Green's Hatchet II, starring horror faves Danielle Harris, Kane Hodder and Tony Todd. Plus, a 30th anniversary screening of Lucio Fulci's zombie classic The Beyond. And we'll have DVD spot prizes!

Tickets €10. You can purchase tickets at the IFI Box Office on 01 679 3477 or when visiting. (We strongly advise that you buy your tickets in advance.)

Everyone is welcome to join Horrorthon in the IFI Café Bar from 9pm onwards where pitchers of Bavaria will be available for €10 each and 6 bottles of Sol beer for €18 until 12.30am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Next Friday (the 13th) they are showing a double bill of Hobo With A Shotgun

and 80s splatter classic Re-Animator as their double bill.

Ive my tickets booked already and I cannot frickin wait to see Re-Animator on the big screen!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭mbv

Hobo with a shotgun...frickin bingo!!!!

Here is some info on freebies/giveaways on the night.
    HORRORTHON announcement : Our good friends at Momentum Pictures UK have given us with the following to give away prizes at this weeks Friday Fright Night "Hobo with a Shotgun & Re-Animator" at IFI 11pm.

TROLL HUNTER - 50 x t-shirts, plus dvds that include
    INSIDE, THE HORDE, SKYLINE, MUTANTS, THE REEF, , MONSTERS, MY SOUL TO TAKE & 2 special GRINDHOUSE prizes also. Gonna be some Friday the 13th !!!

He's also posted that they have Hobo posters. And there's one for everybody in the audience.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Anyone going into hobo? I'd love to but drinking session on after work. :mad:

Im going to both,it doesnt kick off til 11 bells though so you you might have time to make it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Cool. might head in so. Presume will be ok getting tickets in there

It was advised to pre book but Id say you will be ok.

Advertisement