Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6230i

Options
  • 20-11-2010 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

My 6230i is on its last legs and I want to replace it.
    The best deals for this phone seem to be from the UK. If I buy from there will it work in Ireland?
    I am with Vodafone but the shop people cant tell me if it will work. Any body tried this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Once its sim free if buying new, OR unlocked if buying second hand. Cant understand how the shop didnt know this.

Also a Vodafone locked uk handset wont work here with a irish Vodafone sim card unless unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭fabricator

Thanks for the info Davy.
    The site I am looking at buying from is nokia6230i.co.uk. Has any body any experience using this site?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

fabricator wrote: »
    Thanks for the info Davy.
    The site I am looking at buying from is nokia6230i.co.uk. Has any body any experience using this site?

Haven't heard of the site before, but having a quick look they seem to be unlocked, so you wont have a problem putting the irish sim into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭fabricator

Cheers Davy,
    Ordered one on Ebay for about half what this site was looking for so hopefully its in good nick.

Advertisement