Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mallow AC 10 mile road race 9th january 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Would love to do this as a warm up for Dungavan.....not essential as i will be doing Waterford half on Dec 11th...but would be nice all the same.
    Its supposed to be as favourable as Dungarvan if not a touch easier...any truth in this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Sosa wrote: »
    Would love to do this as a warm up for Dungavan.....not essential as i will be doing Waterford half on Dec 11th...but would be nice all the same.
    Its supposed to be as favourable as Dungarvan if not a touch easier...any truth in this ?

the course is practically flat,about three small rises along it other than that it's flat or falling.i'd say it would be a quicker course than dungarvan alright.

we now have a dedicated facebook page for the mallow 10 mile road race,we'd be very thankful if people could like or share the link with fellow runners.thanks

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mallow-10-mile-road-race/116593411737274?v=wall

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Cindyss

Hi Psychozeb,
    Thanks for the information, all signed up now.
    Could you please tell me where this starts from, is there changing/shower facilities,
    Thanks, Gary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭blind_hurler

Looking forward to this... all signed up

Missed it last year as I couldn't make the rearranged date after the original date was hanged due to that fecking snow....

• Advertisement

Cindyss wrote: »
    Hi Psychozeb,
    Thanks for the information, all signed up now.
    Could you please tell me where this starts from, is there changing/shower facilities,
    Thanks, Gary

Hi Gary,
    headquarters for the race is the local youth centre.you will be able to collect your number here on the morning of the race and it's also the changing area and refreshments for after the race will be served here too.their is limited showers available there but last year people were able to shower at mallow pool which is adjacent to the youth centre for a small sum.
    the start area is roughly a mile from the youth centre on the old cork road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

all signed up myself. Ddid it the last two yrs. I didnt receive an email confirmation. Is all ok ?

all signed up myself. Ddid it the last two yrs. I didnt receive an email confirmation. Is all ok ?

you should recieve one from runireland,at least i have.i'll check it out for you.if you pm or give me your name i can get it checked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Cindyss

Thanks for that information Pyschozeb, see you there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

psychozeb wrote: »
    Hi Gary,
    ................... last year people were able to shower at mallow pool which is adjacent to the youth centre for a small sum...........
    For the past few years, instead of warming down on the road, I've gone for a swim instead!! Much easier on the legs!! Didn't have much left for any hard swimming though. Not many in the pool either. Afaicr, one wide lane (3 regular lane equivalent) and only about 5 or 6 people in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Think I'll throw my hat into the ring for this one. Hopefully the weather wont put a halt to the proceedings.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭greenplain

Just signed up. Never ran Mallow so looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 PaudieMac

Hi all in regards to the Mallow AC 10 mile road race on the 09th of January, there will be 60, 70 & 80 minute pacers at it.
    It should help anybody looking for a bit of help getting over the line in sub 60, 70 or 80 minutes
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Mallow-10-mile-road-race/116593411737274

Paudie
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭corked

ykes - mile 1.5 to 3.32 is pretty s8t!

corked wrote: »
    ykes - mile 1.5 to 3.32 is pretty s8t!
    Not really. It's a bit of a drag really. Its early on, just hold back a bit. Plenty of time to make up for it. The bits I find the hardest are the short hill around 6, mainly because you've been on the flat for several miles, and the drag around 9 or so.

there will also be a 90min pacer on the day as well as the 60,70 and 80min ones for anyone looking to achieve the respective times.

last date for online entries will be thursday the 6th of january.

do you know if there will be many waterstations along the route?

corked wrote: »
    do you know if there will be many waterstations along the route?

there will be two waterstations on the day with water in cups and bottles at the finish.think they are just before the 5 mile and around the 8 mile marks.

Ok,only a week to go to this now,long range forecast looks to be good enough for next week too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭opus

Ok,only a week to go to this now,long range forecast looks to be good enough for next week too.

Thanks for the reminder, just signed up for it. Although with the postponed Waterford half marathon the w/end after, will probably take it easy enough (not that I'd be burning up the road in any case :o)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

I was looking at the photos on the Mallow AC website for 2009 and 2008 and the runners eemed to running in quite heavy traffic conditions ! I assume that the photos were taken at the finishing stage

anymore wrote: »
    I was looking at the photos on the Mallow AC website for 2009 and 2008 and the runners eemed to running in quite heavy traffic conditions ! I assume that the photos were taken at the finishing stage
    Yes,the photos are in the last few hundred metres-the road itself will not be closed to traffic but there will be a garda presence or stewarding there.might be a lane taped off,will find out.

As psychozeb says the roads are not closed, but I find the route OK. In general, the roads are pretty wide and/or quiet, so traffic isn't on top of you. The only time it can be a bit of a problem is for about 0.3-0.5 miles, just after the 5M mark. There's generally a heavy Garda presence on this section. ...and it's easier the further up the leader-board you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

Condo131 wrote: »
    There's generally a heavy Garda presence on this section. ...and it's easier the further up the leader-board you are.

Ah good, I'll be grand so......

eliwallach wrote: »
    Ah good, I'll be grand so......
    Not really......:D:D:D
    You were only 5 secs ahead of me last year :( ....I aim to rectify that this year!!!:P

Note to self: You may regret this posting! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

What time does registration end on Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 den99

Race starts at 12:30

On line entries will have to be picked up before 12:00 noon. On line entries will be available until Thurs 6th Jan

Entries on the day will close at 11:30am

final reminder for close of the cheaper online entries,after today it'll be 20 euro on the day.

for those intending to travel we ask that you please use the bowling green car park which will be signposted.

if coming from cork direction,enter roundabout and take 3rd exit and continue into the town and just past bank of ireland branch take the next narrow lane(chapel lane)to your left to car park.headquarters is 2 min walk from here.

from kerry/millstreet/macroom direction enter rounabout and take 2nd exit and continue into town and just past bank of ireland branch take next turn to your left to car park.

from limerick direction enter first roundabout and take 3rd exit,keep in left lane and take 1st exit at next rounabout to mallow town,just past bank of ireland take next left turnoff to car park.

from fermoy/mitchelstown direction as you approach mallow there will be a waste disposal facility,a few hundred metres beyond that take the next right up muddy hill,at the top turn right and follow the road(market sq is on your right)till set of traffic lights,turn left and then take next right to car park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭bart simpson

how strict is the entry on the day deadline 11:30?...i have a bad headcold now so will only go if it clears....i am gettting a lift down and will probably be down in mallow around 11:45am.... will i be okay to sign up at this time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 den99

It should be fine, its only that we need time to get all entries keyed in to get the results out for prize giving

Condo131 wrote: »
    Not really......:D:D:D
    You were only 5 secs ahead of me last year :( ....I aim to rectify that this year!!!:P

Note to self: You may regret this posting! :eek:

If I manage to get within 5 secs of you this year J, I'll be delighted.
    Since Clon Half, lack of training coupled with a lingering virus has meant that a 75min next Sunday wil be a good result for me.
    The sub 70min stab will have to wait another while - Ballycotton maybe as Dungarvan will be just that little bit too soon.

Looking forward it nonetheless.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭maryishairy

Who's pacing the sub 60 minutes? I hope to be near him at the finish line :D

Due to the adverse weather conditions the decision has been taken to cancel tomorrows 10 mile road race.more info to follow.could a mod please add this info to the title please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭seanynova

Due to the adverse weather conditions the decision has been taken to cancel tomorrows 10 mile road race.more info to follow.could a mod please add this info to the title please.

thanks for the info, that suits me just fine....am currently injured! let us know when it is likely to go ahead if you hear anything.....would love to race this event.

That's a pity.
    I'm mot too far from Mallow and even though we have a light dusting of snow, the conditions don't seem too bad and the forecast is for milder temps for the rest of today and tomorrow.

Pretty sure the decision wasn't taken lighly though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭bart simpson

seanynova wrote: »
    thanks for the info, that suits me just fine....am currently injured! let us know when it is likely to go ahead if you hear anything.....would love to race this event.

on the up side after all the bad weather it will give us all more time to get into better shape. when is this event likly to go ahead now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭opus

Too bad it had to be cancelled but guess it won't be warm enough in the morning to melt any ice. Presume it will be rescheduled for some other w/end?

it is looking like our 10 mile road race will now be held on march 27th.more information to follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

it is looking like our 10 mile road race will now be held on march 27th.more information to follow.

Excellent....nice gap after ballycotton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Gringo78 wrote: »
    Excellent....nice gap after ballycotton

Ooooooh i like the sound of that

• Advertisement

for anyone that cannot attend this years rescheduled race they will recieve free entry to next years race.we regret that there will not be refunds available as the entries website doesn't provide us with this option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

Is the race date confirmed for March 27th?

Thanks

dev123 wrote: »
    Is the race date confirmed for March 27th?

Thanks
    yes,race is confirmed for the 27th of march.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

for anyone that cannot attend this years rescheduled race they will recieve free entry to next years race.we regret that there will not be refunds available as the entries website doesn't provide us with this option.

Just how hard is it to organise refunds ? :confused: Doesnt seem like a very user friendly policy !

anymore wrote: »
    Just how hard is it to organise refunds ? :confused: Doesnt seem like a very user friendly policy !
    if anyone want a refund they can apply directly to the club before the running of the race.runireland's policy is not to refund entries taken.

back on running form and really looking forward to this race...
    Missed my ballycotten entry but this one is closer to home and less traffic too!

next up in the munster ten mile series is the rescheduled Mallow 10.online entries are open and also entries available on the day.

if a mod sees this could they please change thr thread title to reflect the new date of march the 27th.thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Looking forward to this one. There is a crowd of us heading down to this on the train from Dublin and back in the evening. Anyone else heading down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭ronnie085

menoscemo wrote: »
    Looking forward to this one. There is a crowd of us heading down to this on the train from Dublin and back in the evening. Anyone else heading down?
    Just entered myself, lookin forward to it, first race since waterford half, will be a pb though, first ever 10

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭marchino

is there anymore pacers required for this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement