Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Age you moved out ?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

Giselle wrote: »
    I moved out at 18 for uni and found it very scary at first.

Having done that, I find it hard to respect a person still living with their parents at 30 through choice and not circumstance. Anyone can wind up at home again for a time, its choosing to stay that way I don't understand.

I don't think anyone chooses live at home, and if they do thats just pathetic. Yeah you moved out at 18, but that was for uni and most likely financed by parents (I could be wrong of course I don't know your circumstances, but most people at 18 are paid for by parents accomadation wise). I'm 18 and I wish I could move out, if I had the money I would but I live and go to college in Dublin so thats not gonna happen any time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭xxshebeexx

in my opinion people have no excuse living at home after 21!

Here's an excuse: Money doesn't grow on trees. Or appear no matter how hard you wish it to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I don't see anything wrong with a person living with the folks up to whatever age they want, provided they help out around the household, pitch in for bills, mortgage/rent and other household expenses, and have some semblance of independence - e.g. a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

18 and I was outta there, mainly because my home house is in the middle of nowhere and I wanted to be in the town. Could live there now as I drive but I would probably end up fighting with my dad all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Moved out at 20.If the IMF have their way I will be back home with Mammy and Daddy in the New Year, bringing a husband and 3 dogs with me :pac::pac::pac: :eek:

I know its so scary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

17- moved back for one summer, and havent been back since.

Advertisement