Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desktop Applications Support COMP6007

• 20-11-2010 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭

Since the Module Content for Desktop Applications Support are as follows;

• File Management
      Introduction to the college network and the department domain, organising files and folders stored on various storage devices using a directory structure. Managing the files and folders between the various drives associated with a networked computer.
    • Word Processing
      Create and edit documents, use of various formatting techniques to enhance a document, organising long documents such as reports, working with tables and graphics.
    • Spreadsheets
      Create and edit a spreadsheet, formatting cells in the spreadsheet, use of formulae to solve numerical problems, working with charts and graphs in a spreadsheet.
    • Presentations
      Creating and editing a presentation, using tools within the presentation package to enhance the visual aspect of the presentation. Inserting data from a word processing or spreadsheet file into a presentation.
    • Internet
      Navigating through the World Wide Web, using search tools to research topics, accessing online databases to find information (e.g. the CIT college online library)
    • Data Protection
      The Data Protection Act. Basic computer security, computer viruses.
    would i get an RPL since i hold a ECDL, CompTIA A+ and CompTIA Server+ Certs ? Since Internet Word Processing etc are covered in ECDL..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

You more than likley would!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Who should I get onto about tat and be able to tell me right teir and then so won't have to show up to class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Ask the head of department. I dont know the exact process but he will be able to tell you

Advertisement