Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tatoos?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

But worth it :D

Yeah you can get the tongue tattooed but the ink isn't going to last long. Another place is on the inside of your lip, like this but again they tend not to last long.

I know, my small ones took forever to heal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Ear stretching. A long annoying process.

Well 6 months between stretches is going to make it pretty long if you want to go about 10mm.

Cartilage piercings are the worst. My conch was an absolute pig of a piercing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

unknown13 wrote: »
    Well 6 months between stretches is going to make it pretty long if you want to go about 10mm.

Cartilage piercings are the worst. My conch was an absolute pig of a piercing.

Do you think so? My double snug was just fine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I will have to say yes. There is no definite healing time on them but I forgot to mention I took a pretty bad hit on my conch piercing after it got a good infection free run.

unknown13 wrote: »
    I will have to say yes. There is no definite healing time on them but I forgot to mention I took a pretty bad hit on my conch piercing after it got a good infection free run.

Oooh ouch. Hate when that happens!
    My snugs have been fine for the most part. they just welled like crazy when I first got them so much that i lost the balls off the bars and then had to get them replaced with bigger ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I absolutly LOVE them. I'm gonna wait a few years before I get one though, I wanna know I really want it.

But I think people who get boy/girlfriends names tattooed is a total joke.
    For my birthday one year my then boyfriend came home with my name on his arm. What an eejit.

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    I absolutly LOVE them. I'm gonna wait a few years before I get one though, I wanna know I really want it.

But I think people who get boy/girlfriends names tattooed is a total joke.
    For my birthday one year my then boyfriend came home with my name on his arm. What an eejit.

I know a girl who got her boyfriends name tattoos on her when in Spain and they spelt his name wrong! Then she went and cheated on him. Tbh i found it all hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I know a girl who got her boyfriends name tattoos on her when in Spain and they spelt his name wrong! Then she went and cheated on him. Tbh i found it all hilarious

This only strengthens my statement :P

To be fair, we'd been together nearly 3 years....but still! Silly silly boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Anyone who does that deserves it. I know someone who got their girlfriend's initials tattooed on them in Spain also. Conveniently, her initials are OJ, so after they broke up, anyone who asks about the OJ tattooed on him, he just says that he's declaring his love for orange juice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I do not understand why anyone would do that to their ear. It looks horrific and sickening imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

I dislike tattoos. Feel free to ink yourselves to your hearts' content, but I shan't be getting one.

On a slightly related note, ear stretching is horrible. I think it looks awful and I genuinely can't see the point of it. Though, once again, feel free to treat your ears as you see fit, etc, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

MavisDavis wrote: »

On a slightly related note, ear stretching is horrible. I think it looks awful and I genuinely can't see the point of it. Though, once again, feel free to treat your ears as you see fit, etc, etc.

There's no real point to any ear piercing.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Anyone who does that deserves it. I know someone who got their girlfriend's initials tattooed on them in Spain also. Conveniently, her initials are OJ, so after they broke up, anyone who asks about the OJ tattooed on him, he just says that he's declaring his love for orange juice...

Heh, I would have assumed he was professing his love for OJ Simpson.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Fad wrote: »
    There's no real point to any ear piercing.....

Aesthetics is all, really.

Bit of an idea for the thread, maybe make it the tattoo and piercings thread of C&H, unless there already is one?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Aesthetics is all, really.

Bit of an idea for the thread, maybe make it the tattoo and piercings thread of C&H, unless there already is one?
    There was a huge one not long after C&H started iirc.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I think there was another one before, sometime last year, but no harm in having a new one for the newer regulars to have their own say :)

(edit: previous thread first opened by SarcasticFairy in December 2008, last used in August this year, for reference)

I got my only piercing (so far) in August last year, and I've never regretted it. Even when it gets cut or inflamed (my own fault for wearing cheap studs :p ) I don't regret it. It brightens up my head and makes me look more colourful and interesting :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I do like tattoos and I do want to get one, I am designing one for myself at the minute and so far it looks amazing. I hate it when people give the talk "you will regret it" "when your older it will be all wrinkly and gross" so what it's not your body. I prefer to have one that has a meaning behind any ones that I get but I don't think it's essential, do what ever feels right to you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

im eternally happy with my tattoo and strongly wish to get another :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭sparktest

Hi,

Can someone tell me do star tats have a particular meaning?
    I am sure they are chosen for personal reasons also... Nautical stars. star of david, star constellations etc.

There are very common but I always thought look very cool.

ST

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

I got an asterisk on the inside of my left wrist when I was fifteen. It does actually have a genuine meaning for me, which I don't always like to share (although it's the exact same as a symbol that one of my favourite bands has on one of their albums, so that's my go-to explanation) so I don't think I'll regret it. To be honest I never really notice it. Even though it's in such an obvious place, I only ever look at it properly maybe twice a year. It's just become a part of me.

I do love tattoos. I love when they're done properly, I love when someone really knows how to use colour. Watching LA Ink always results in me wanting a million tattoos, although I don't think I'd ever get another, because they don't really suit me. You do see some people that have them, and I know this is a bit of a horrible generalization, but usually they're the girlos that have stars and Betty Boop or whatever tattooed on them, and it's like the tattoo is just something sitting on their skin that isn't necessarily connected to them physically, like it sorta exists by itself, but then there are other people who really suit tattoos, like you couldn't imagine them without one. Not for everyone, is what I'm trying to say.

Some things are pure ridic though. A girl I know got locked recently, told a guy to tattoo whatever he wanted on her and not to tell her.. he tattooed the facebook 'f' on her ribs or back or something.

Anyway.. yeah, tattoos are grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

It is ironic how the OP spelled "Tattoos" wrong. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

How so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Only just saw this...

I'm planning 3. Always hated the idea of getting inked till about 4 months ago. Now I'm getting a fairy, two small little pigs and a strawberry :)

Fairy is gonna show me moving forward and coming to life and being human again.

Pigs are because I adore pigs ( Began with Miss Piggy and grew from there :p )

Strawberry cos it shows fire and sweetness. Presides Katy Perry has the cutest one on her ankle and I want it xD

Life is about being rebellious, may as way go for em. We've nothing to loose really and its all personal choice. You cant 100% judge a person because they have tat's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Geetting a koi fish done in the next cúpla weeks. Can't wait :D A bit nervous as I want it to be absolutely perfect but I trust the artist :)

As for star tattoos, most just get them for aesthetic reasons. For example I want to get "Better thank your lucky stars" tattooed somewhere and I'll probably get a few stars around it too.

Also just want to get peoples opinion on this. My nanny isn't well at the moment and I'd love to get something to represent her as she has a massive influence on my life, but is that a bit morbid or something? I'd love her to see it but I dunno if it'd be taken the wrong way. Thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Watching LA Ink always results in me wanting a million tattoos.

i was just coming in here to post this exact sentence. Love that show!
    Also just want to get peoples opinion on this. My nanny isn't well at the moment and I'd love to get something to represent her as she has a massive influence on my life, but is that a bit morbid or something? I'd love her to see it but I dunno if it'd be taken the wrong way. Thoughts?

I don't think that would be morbid at all. If she's been influential for you I think getting a tattoo to show how much she means to you would be a lovely thing to do :) What would you think of getting done for it?

I've always kinda wanted to get a tattoo, but I'm the sort of person who tends to go off things easily, so I don't want to get something that I'd end up hating. I also have an incredibly low pain threshold :P But lately I've been thinking of getting a Biffy Clyro lyric (the one in my sig) tattooed on possibly my inside lower arm... The words really mean a lot to me. Maybe I'll get it done this summer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Ironic no, but it is quite embarrassing:o.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

My nanny isn't well at the moment and I'd love to get something to represent her as she has a massive influence on my life, but is that a bit morbid or something? I'd love her to see it but I dunno if it'd be taken the wrong way.

Its not morbid at all imho. In fact, if you're going to get a tattoo thats probably one of the best reasons to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I don't think that would be morbid at all. If she's been influential for you I think getting a tattoo to show how much she means to you would be a lovely thing to do :) What would you think of getting done for it?
    kev9100 wrote: »
    Its not morbid at all imho. In fact, if you're going to get a tattoo thats probably one of the best reasons to get one.

Thanks! Was asking becasue I said it to my mam and she thought it was a bit weird. I'm going to get some of her favourite flowers or something, as she loves flowers and always keeps a nice garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Thanks! Was asking becasue I said it to my mam and she thought it was a bit weird. I'm going to get some of her favourite flowers or something, as she loves flowers and always keeps a nice garden.
    That's a really lovely idea for a tattoo :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

I think I'm going to get a tattoo of the word "believe" on my foot. I bet I will end up chickening out, but I really want to get it.

Advertisement