Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oberstdorf Ski Jump Competitions

• 20-11-2010 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Has anybody attended one of these events?Looking at the weekend of Feb 4-6th when the TelDaFax Ski Flying competition takes place in Oberstdorf.Can anyone give me any info on how long it lasts each day,are there bar and food facilities within the stadium?A website I found lists the entry time into the stadium as being about 4-5 hours before the actual start time.Why is this?
    Also I assume the competition being on will mean it will be extra busy that weekend in the resort.We're not skiers,what else could we engage in?
    Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance for taking the time.We'd be going for about 3 nights.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

Went to it one evening about 5 years ago, not planned just noticed it was on and went up for a look.

Don't know why you would go in hrs before it starts but the bavarians have some funny ways ..... maybe a sing song or something :confused:
    It was a very good night, we sat at the part where the jumpers took to the air, really got a sense of the speed and height they were undertaking, and watched 2 crashes :eek:
    We had a drink and a bit of food (hotdogs or something similar)
    I don't think I would be into watching it for a few days but then I don't know the competitors or competition.

As for what else to do.... seen as you don't ski :pac:..... the village is beautiful, there is an ice rink you can use, or watch the olympic skaters train or check out if there is a hockey match on. My brother went on this trail last year http://oberstdorf.de/natur/wunder/die-breitachklamm.html loved it, you can get the cablecar to the top of the nebelhorn (the mountain in the village) have lunch near the top and if its nice up there ,,,sunbathe !! The sauna is also nice.

But my advice would be ...get a ski lesson !

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

am i bovvered, thanks for your help and info again.I would love to try ski ing but the chances of persuading the missus to do likewise are very remote!
    We're thinking of a nice alpine long weekend away in February and discovered Oberstdorf in my research.
    Hows the transfer by train from Memmingen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

Hi
    Transfer is about 10mins by bus or taxi from the airport to the train station.
    The train fron Memmingem to Oberstdorf is abount 1 & 1/2 hours.

Advertisement