Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Wigan Athletic Match Thread 20/11/2010

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

BREAKING NEWS!!!! HEATHER MILLS REACTS TO CRUEL JOKES ABOUT HER ON BOARDS.IE
    “I resent all these jokes being made about me - I think it is really prosthetic.”~ Heather Mills on her critics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

TheTownie wrote: »
    Couldn't have asked for a better set of results for my birthday! double celebration tonight !

Happy birthday, now go get Trollied!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

THE END OF UNITED

joint top of the league, flying in the champions league.

a game away for the club record of unbeaten games.

FERGIE OUT!

pitty rooney couldn't nick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Scrappy enough performance for most of the game but I'm happy with the result and happy to see Rooney starting on his rehabilitation.

Very good to see Evra getting a goal, I love the man.

All the spoilers for other games in these match threads is head wreckin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Pro. F wrote: »
    Scrappy enough performance for most of the game but I'm happy with the result and happy to see Rooney starting on his rehabilitation.

Then don't read them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Another addition to this seasons lists of scorers. How many is that now?

Can see every major squad player pitching in with at least one before the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Good results all round for us today.

It's not even christmas yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dE1CQzhqbjFHX1R1alNESUJ6TXZxRHc6MQ#gid=0

Link to man of the match voting. As always it is open to everyone, iust be sensible with your votes. thanks

Went

Evra
    Rafael
    Obertan

Rafael was fantastic today going forward, and played brilliant defensively aswell, love the kid, turning into a fantastic player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Scores in other matches are important to some people's enjoyment of games. One of the reasons why I hate the Sky scheduling of football is how they have taken away the excitement of games being played at the same time and the resulting effects of changing scores.

Happy with the result today. Performance was far from great, but getting the win is the main thing. Hopefully Rooney beds back in quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

delighted with the win but not the performance, sloppy in stages and really should have put them to the sword when they lost the players. Credit to wigan though their defence was solid (ish) and they didnt give too much space!

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Then don't read them?

Or, how about people just obey the rules of the charter

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61404618&postcount=5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Pot, kettle, black.

That says "unrelated" matches.

What chelsea are doing, is very very much related to United.

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    That says "unrelated" matches.

What chelsea are doing, is very very much related to United.

''please refrain from posting scores or updates from matches in any thread other than the specific thread dealing with that match.''

I'm not going to argue about it any more. I PM'd a mod about it a while ago, it sure ain't our place to decide how the rules are interpreted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

we were really poor today, but a win is a win....impossible to pick anybody that played well.

i went for evra, rafael and vidic as MOM...

we should be winning games like today 4 or 5-0, but lets not get greedy, ill take everything that happend today with bells on!

we were really poor today, but a win is a win....impossible to pick anybody that played well.

i went for evra, rafael and vidic as MOM...

we should be winning games like today 4 or 5-0, but lets not get greedy, ill take everything that happend today with bells on!

+1

I went for Evra, Vidic and Fletch (not sure on who the last one actually was).
    Very hard to pick out players that played well.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Manc-Red wrote: »
    Outside the box,no?
    +1

I went for Evra, Vidic and Fletch (not sure on who the last one actually was).
    Very hard to pick out players that played well.

I thought fletcher was really poor today, poor passing, looked sluggish and i've never seen him shrugged off the ball so easily so often in a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

lordgoat wrote: »
    I thought fletcher was really poor today, poor passing, looked sluggish and i've never seen him shrugged off the ball so easily so often in a game.

agree, thought fletch was poor yesterday, carrick was better than him anyway.

team for wednesday? for experience i think scholes and giggs will start anyway.

PIG
    Brown Smalling Vidic O Shea
    Park Carrick Scholes Giggs
    Rooney Berba

• Advertisement

lordgoat wrote: »

Honestly I sort of agree. I did think he did well when we were pressing them from the first red on. But that sure is faint praise.

Picking the third best player in a game like yesterday is hard. The defenders had to do so little on the defensive side and I'd already picked two of them. I suppose I should have picked Chico (edit) or Nani third. Shrug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

agree, thought fletch was poor yesterday, carrick was better than him anyway.

team for wednesday? for experience i think scholes and giggs will start anyway.

PIG
    Brown Smalling Vidic O Shea
    Park Carrick Scholes Giggs
    Rooney Berba

I am not sure about that team tbh. CM and CBs look right. I reckon Nani will play on the right and Park on the left. Possibly Giggs upfront with Berbatov. Rooney to get second half.
    At least one of Evra and Rafael will play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

killwill wrote: »
    I am not sure about that team tbh. CM and CBs look right. I reckon Nani will play on the right and Park on the left. Possibly Giggs upfront with Berbatov. Rooney to get second half.
    At least one of Evra and Rafael will play.

Fergie said Rooney will have 90 mins...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Why is the sub keeper referred to as Pig??

Pole-In-Goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

monkey9 wrote: »
    Why is the sub keeper referred to as Pig??

Pole In Goal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

"It was a good cross from my best friend Ji-sung Park, I think maybe I'll get him a big present for Christmas, maybe a car."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

SetantaIreland do yous pay danny mills by the word ? he wont shut up ,and tell him how can wigan get a penalty if the foul is outside"
    just sent that to setanta :D

Setanta replied today :)
    "@coletrickle88 umm i can't say we pay any pundits per word...would be a huge bill! I'll pass on your sentiments to production, thanks"

Advertisement