Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big sunday gloomy we're all screwed discussion mega merge

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Elevator wrote: »
    mistake?
    Can you please explain to me how this god you believe in can suddenly make money appear?
    Could you please also explain how this god has the ability to make money appear from nowhere?

I'm fairly certain that I had something else to ask in the second question there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

I would worry about it Terry

as regards a reply I wouldn't hold your breath haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭cml387

"Dear Terry

Your mother sucks c@cks in hell.

Yours sincerely
    Éamon Ó Cuív T.D."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Well 'the love of money is the root of all evil' so perhaps God is punishing us for the Celtic tiger, so in reality praying for forgiveness isn't such a bad idea.

cml387 wrote: »
    "Dear Terry

Your mother sucks c@cks in hell.

Yours sincerely
    Éamon Ó Cuív T.D."
    She may well do so, but I find it quite crass that someone would go to the bother of suggesting my late mother may be engaged in fellatio in the underworld, on a public message board, under the guise of a serving member of government.

Why did you do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭cml387

I intended to imply the likely nature of any reply you might receive would not address your main concern.

I did this in a way that was over the top (and a quote from the Exorcist btw, film fans).

If you took offence I'm sorry.

But it is After Hours.

cml387 wrote: »
    I intended to imply the likely nature of any reply you might receive would not address your main concern.

I did this in a way that was over the top (and a quote from the Exorcist btw, film fans).

If you took offence I'm sorry.

But it is After Hours.
    I know. I just wanted to make you feel bad for a while.

If it's any consolation, writing that exact line on the cover of my Irish homework book landed me my first suspension and a week long detention back in 1990.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭doleman2010

Anyone know what plans the security forces in the state have to quell the backlash from the civil and public service union members when their pay and jobs are axed in december?
    Will the garda reserve be taking on more recruits for this purpose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Yes. Imagine a boot stamping on a human face forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

They are planning to use death rays, to vaporise the rioters, as this will save money on social welfare payments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

mikom wrote: »

The conductor of the Garda Band?? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

expected riots by union members? link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

People have been losing their jobs for the last 3 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I'd like to see water cannons.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

expected riots by union members? link.

Somehow I don't think there is one.

Open to being proved wrong though Doleman

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/1120/breaking5.html

TEEU general secretary Eamon Devoy says country is on the brink of significant civil unrest.
    “If the Government persists in clinging to power we call on the Irish Congress of Trade Unions and other civil society organisations to launch a campaign of civil disobedience to force an election on a regime that has no principles and no objective beyond staying in office for as long as possible”.
    He said Ictu was calling for a mass mobilisation on November 27th next to end deflationary policies that will cost 90,000 jobs and cause “ruination of our society”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

Bit of a difference between "riots" and "civil disobedience"!

mikom wrote: »
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/1120/breaking5.html

TEEU general secretary Eamon Devoy says country is on the brink of significant civil unrest.
    “If the Government persists in clinging to power we call on the Irish Congress of Trade Unions and other civil society organisations to launch a campaign of civil disobedience to force an election on a regime that has no principles and no objective beyond staying in office for as long as possible”.
    He said Ictu was calling for a mass mobilisation on November 27th next to end deflationary policies that will cost 90,000 jobs and cause “ruination of our society”.

Ok, I stand somewhat corrected but why would someone back civil unrest. That is not going to solve the problem

E.T. wrote: »
    Bit of a difference between "riots" and "civil disobedience"!

Same difference as between a bailout and a loan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

irish-stew wrote: »
    I'd like to see water cannons.

:D

I hope you mean them to be used on politicians?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭ShadowGal

i dont think there will be riots, unless it gets hijacked like the student protests did by those other groups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

A few mars bars won't go amiss:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Since some of these people were to lazy to do a job properly, when they had one. I fully expect them to be to lazy to participate in civil unrest/rioting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Im expecting massive unrest after the budget. I won't take part in it though. Its cold outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I'm expecting riots outside the multi-million Euro mansions belonging to union bosses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭doleman2010

Bad time of the year for being out anyway , cold , wet , windy better to wait and have the budget in the spring

No Mr. Bond I expect you to die.

The pensioners protested, the students protested and now the unions are protesting. Are these the only groups that are worried for their future ? Is everyone else just too comfortable in their lives that they arent going to be affected by any of it?

or is it just because protests dont achieve anything ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭marglin

deadly i love a good riot!! plus if it goes well might get a bit of looting in, we're never going to be able to buy anything after this budget so might as well get it now!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

ShadowGal wrote: »
    The pensioners protested, the students protested and now the unions are protesting. Are these the only groups that are worried for their future ? Is everyone else just too comfortable in their lives that they arent going to be affected by any of it?

Thats exactly it. We're to comfortable at the moment. Give it a couple of months when things really get tight and it'll be a different story.

ShadowGal wrote: »

I have a middling job and feel that rioting or civil unrest will achieve nothing so on that note I'm going to sit on my hands till this blows over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Typical Irish, protest and riot when it's too late in the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Anyone know what plans the security forces in the state have to quell the backlash from the civil and public service union members when their pay and jobs are axed in december?

They could just stack a load of paperwork and forms outside the dail.
    PS won't go near anything that looks like work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I'd rather nobody rioted at any time, thanks.

Thats exactly it. We're to comfortable at the moment. Give it a couple of months when things really get tight and it'll be a different story.
    I have a middling job and feel that rioting or civil unrest will achieve nothing so on that note I'm going to sit on my hands till this blows over.

ya i just wondered how much people really care. A lot of people are angry but when asked take to the streets to voice their frustration no one bothers, except for the really young and the really old. I can only take out of that, that people are quite comfortable the way they are living at the moment and wont be affected

Well all the extra-longterm dole scroungers living at home with maaam will be very pissed off that they only have 170 euros to buy dutchgold, dvds & runners each week. But they'll get by.

People who actually need their social welfare to pay rent, buy food, pay bills are going to get seriously angry. They're the ones who will snap.

Well all the extra-longterm dole scroungers living at home with maaam will be very pissed off that they only have 170 euros to buy dutchgold, dvds & runners each week.

I have a friend who is 23, on the dole and has been for the bones of 4 years. He has not once looked for a job. Spends his dole money tattoos. Since being on the dole he's got 7. I have one so can vouch they ain't cheap.

Ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I'd be in favour of the IMF blowing up the SIPTU building.

• Advertisement

why ?

'Cos everyone knows blowing shít up is cool :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Collie D wrote: »
    I'd rather nobody rioted at any time, thanks.

So would I - I might have to work then :(

I have a friend who is 23, on the dole and has been for the bones of 4 years. He has not once looked for a job. Spends his dole money tattoos. Since being on the dole he's got 7. I have one so can vouch they ain't cheap.

Ridiculous.

Yeah there are thousands of them in the country. I would love for them particularly useless members of our society to get their dole cut to sh!t.

- No proof of attempting to find work whatsoever.
    - living at home with maaaam. (your not paying bills, nevermind 'oh i give 50 euro to maaaaam every week' rubbish, ya don't.;))
    - On the dole for more than 5 years.
    - Refusal to even go on a training course.

^ cut dole by 50%
    or forced onto the Work-for-dole scheme.

But this won't happen because decent means testing would mean social welfare pencil pushers would have to actually work & we couldn't have that.

Yeah there are thousands of them in the country. I would love for them particularly useless members of our society to get their dole cut to sh!t.

- No proof of attempting to find work whatsoever.
    - living at home with maaaam. (your not paying bills, nevermind 'oh i give 50 euro to maaaaam every week' rubbish, ya don't.;))
    - On the dole for more than 5 years.
    - Refusal to even go on a training course.

^ cut dole by 50%
    or forced onto the Work-for-dole scheme.

But this won't happen because decent means testing would mean social welfare pencil pushers would have to actually work & we couldn't have that.

To be honest, if it was up to me, I'd cut his dole completely.

He has zero need for it.

He has no qualifications for the jobs that aren't hiring. He belongs behind a til in *Spar working for €6.45 an hour. I'm sick of hearing "but there's no jobs out there" - Get out and look, hand in some CV's and when you've got 100 rejections then tell me there's no jobs.

*No offense meant to anyone working for Spar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

apolgies if this is being discused in another thread already but who exactly makes the decision for Ireland to be taken control of by a bank?

this is a government the majority of people dont approve of, why are they making this decision? I dont think anyone there has big enough balls to stand up to this pressure.

democracy, is that what this is called?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Democracy is just an illusion, end of. It#s a corporate world.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LpPepper

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It's to do with a genetic long fuse. The French and Greeks, for example, haven't even got fuses, preferring instead instant detonation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

The unions share at least some of the blame for the mess we're in. If they come out and honestly acknowledge that, I'd actyually consider marching with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭blogga

Their plans will be posted on a small noticeboard in your local post office.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement