Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big sunday gloomy we're all screwed discussion mega merge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

We should but lots of cheese.

No!!! crackers to go with the cheese

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

We should but lots of cheese.

Or,alternatively, buy lots of cheese.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Or,alternatively, buy lots of cheese.

I think he was planning to use it as an enema/suppository:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Mrmoe wrote: »
    I think he was planning to use it as an enema/suppository:pac:

Yeah,that wouldn't surprise me actually:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

karlog wrote: »
    Forget the phrase The fighting Irish, we shall now be known as The Irish who bend over and take it from the government.
    the government bends over and takes it from the EU

the EU will get what it wants, it always does. by EU I mean the fat cats at the top and behind the scenes pulling the strings.

our country was made vote twice untill the EU got the result it wanted
    and they call this democracy!

someone mentioned already the natural resources Ireland has. we also had fish in our seas untill the Spanish modern boats came over and emptied our waters. just like they are doing in Africa now. we should have took it more serious and protected ourselves. we have great soil, have/had clean waters. waves/wind for energy source, billions of euro worth of natural gas that was given away.
    an Irish man invented the modern submarine over a century ago yet we couldnt even organise ourselves to pipe some gas from under the sea

this country could/should be doing alot better.

we didnt want to be part of the british empire, we wanted our independance. many died fighting for it,
    but now slowly we are becoming a small cog in a large machine. the words have changed and its no longer a queen. we are losing our independance and nobody seems to notice, whats Ireland going to be like in 2016?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

we didnt want to be part of the british empire, we wanted our independance. many died fighting for it,
    but now slowly we are becoming a small cog in a large machine. the words have changed and its no longer a queen. we are losing our independance and nobody seems to notice, whats Ireland going to be like in 2016?

Pretty much the same as it is now, I would imagine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

k_mac wrote: »
    We should usse the money to pay off all private mortgages and then people can live with the cuts.

Fuck that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

(I don't think I can embed SoundCloud tracks)

'Céad Mile Fáilte to the IMF'

Pretty catchy actually.

You must think were ****ing stupid - Feed our fears with blocks of cheese
    It'll take more than dairy products - To keep us on our knees

Great line!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Christ thats rubbish

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 mrjaygibbs

The Irish taxpayer should b given to US research 2 test for the "unbelieveably stupid" gene! It would put millions back in2 the kitty. Also sell the new T2 at Dublin airport 2 the IMF as there new welcome lounge for welcoming all there pals coming over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I've been saying for months now that the Euro is dead on its feet. The currency has failed, and now; in an attempt to draw out its demise; we have had a debt of over 100 Billion thrust upon us. Does that very fact not piss people off?

Leaving aside the absolute clusterfcuk that our elected officials have propagated.. the fact is that this bailout is to 'stop' the contagion that is Ireland from spreading to Spain. That's it.. not only are we paying back our own debts now, but also the debt which has yet to arise from that country.

Is it not time for us to just drop the dead weight? Not as a seperatist nation but as a member of a union which is suffering because of a single currency?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

mrjaygibbs wrote: »
    The Irish taxpayer should b given to US research 2 test for the "unbelieveably stupid" gene! It would put millions back in2 the kitty. Also sell the new T2 at Dublin airport 2 the IMF as there new welcome lounge for welcoming all there pals coming over.

And all the € we had 2 spnd 4 education was obviously wasted 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

GET THE FOOK OFF AH!

Take it to the political forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

**** off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

If your not going to fucking swear properly, dont do it at all :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I don't mind some political discussion in AH, but it's really getting out of hand the last while. Every second thread is a political or doom & gloom one. It's depressing.

Even the piss take one I started about the EMF turned into a poxy debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

fuck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

*&%$$"^%$^*)()*&%$£"!"£$%^&*())(*&^%$£

I've had it up to here

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Loads of people talking about dublin in AH, **** it off to the dublin forum ffs.
    :rolleyes:

Here's a nice pair of tits to take your mind off it.

squod wrote: »

That reminds me - I must get some seed for the bird feeder.

did not distract me from the misery of politics..

I don't like tits

thanks for effort though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

foxinsox wrote: »
    *&%$$"^%$^*)()*&%$£"!"£$%^&*())(*&^%$£

I've had it up to here

:mad:

You little minx.

That reminds me - I must get some seed for the bird feeder.

Do they work BTW. All I ever get is rook, crows, starlings and sparras. I'd get me nuts out if I had tits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Why is it always birds?

ejmaztec wrote: »
    You little minx fox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Do they work BTW. All I ever get is rook, crows, starlings and sparras. I'd get me nuts out if I had tits.

Birds like fat balls as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Thread merge fail....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

EDIT: Here's a nice pair of tits to take your mind off it.
    Edit: this picture is more appropriate
    http://img.rasset.ie/0003f055-314.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭soden12

So we are now faced with a multi-billion bailout.

Is it really the bwankers fault ?

- short opening hours (for the plebs),
    - inflexible management (for the plebs),
    - subsidised car loans (for the bwankers),
    - subsidised mortgages (for the bwankers),
    - subsidised shreas (for the bwankers),
    - subsidised loans to buy the banks shares (for the golden circle).

But after all our bailouts what do we find -

- the same old, same old - no extended opening hours, no bank thief has been sacked, indeed as a state-owned entity they actually had a pay rise in 20009/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

There are a handful of people in this country who are mostly to blame for the current crisis here. They should be in prison. But this is Ireland so they've been left slip away like rats sneaking off a sinking ship & given nice 'retirement' packages before they depart. Its pathetic.

Im not using America as a model for the perfect society but at least they put these sort of people in prison where they belong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

Joe, now I'll tell ya a story. Me and the misses....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

You missed the part of the story where the bwankers held guns to the head of the people and forced them, on pain of death, to buy property off the plans in Bulgaria, Cape Verde Islands and Dubai.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Gyalist wrote: »
    You missed the part of the story where the bwankers held guns to the head of the people and forced them, on pain of death, to buy property off the plans in Bulgaria, Cape Verde Islands and Dubai.

And YOU missed the bit where the EU held a gun to the heads of the Irish government and told them to take a loan out against the Irish taxpayer and repay the money that Roman Abramovich lent to corrupt bankers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Abramovich was free to lend as much as he desired to the bwankers. If the people were not living way beyond their means there would have no need for the bwankers to be making huge loans.

But, this is Ireland and it's always the fault of outsiders...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Abramovich was free to lend as much as he desired to the bwankers.

Indeed. And he gambled on them paying him back. And now they can't, so he lost his bet. So why is the Irish taxpayer supposed to pick up that debt and pay it?
    Will the Dept of Finance repay me all my losing Paddy Power chits?
    If the people were not living way beyond their means there would have no need for the bwankers to be making huge loans.

Because Anglo never lent money in Britain. Or AIB in Poland. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

Abramovich was free to lend as much as he desired to the bwankers. If the people were not living way beyond their means there would have no need for the bwankers to be making huge loans.

But, this is Ireland and it's always the fault of outsiders...

ahem, you do understand capitalism, yes?!!

If you do then what the **** are you talking about?

If you lend or invest in someone/something you are talking a risk.

Remember the terms and conditions!!
    "your investment may rise as well as fall"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

OP if you want revenge fine, go get it. But if you aren't stop whining on ah about it.

The bad men took the countries lunch money, stand and fight or quit whining about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

A lot of threads that talk about protests on here (or on the Politics / Irish Economy forum) tend to peter out into apathy with the following responses:

- it's only a waste of time / it won't make any difference
    - I haven't the time to protest
    - I haven't the money to get to Dublin
    - it'll only hurt tourism / international reputation / public property
    - tl;dr / pics or gtfo / in before Biggins / all that jazz

I don't know what the French, Greek, or British version of boards.ie is, but I'd say they'd give different responses to such threads than we do.

So what do you think are the reasons for Irish people's apathy in the face of probably the most important era since Independence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Pics or GTFO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Pics or GTFO

:mad::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Wow, another thread related to the political situation.... didn't see THAT coming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Ha Ha only kidding!

I wish I knew what was up with us. Whats the difference between us and the French? Why are they out on the streets and not us? Id say fear has allot to do with it. People who are affected most are in major debt. Taking to the streets at the expense of a days work is just not an option for many Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

markesmith wrote: »
    So what do you think are the reasons for Irish people's apathy in the face of probably the most important era since Independence?

Booze. EVERYTHING we do revolves around it...including recent protests. If there's free time it will inevitably result in 'might as well have one pint'. We're all guilty! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

The really upsetting thing in all this is that in our hour of need Geldof and Bono are nowhere to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

The really upsetting thing in all this is that in our hour of need Geldof and Bono are nowhere to be seen.

Thank Christ they are nowhere to be seen, the last thing we need is those two sanctimonious pr1cks showing up and attempting to browbeat us into increasing our overseas aid to Africa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Elenxor

Too late lads..they are here!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgE_ioMMCM8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

Just wanted to get your thoughts on this...

I have a decent job and is pretty secure(private sector).
    I don't have any debt to speak of and no family to provide for.

My question is, if you were in the same position as me, would you stay here or get the hell out?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement