Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Pre-pay: Data bundle?

Options
  • 20-11-2010 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to buy a pre-paid data bundle with Meteor?

Just went over my 50MB for the day, it's crazy that once you go over this, you start being charged roughly €5 every second (if you're loading a Youtube video for example) (assuming you're in 3G / HSPA coverage and getting ~2.5MBit speeds. I've seen 5MBit speed where it becomes €10 per second).

Surely the sensible way to charge is 99c for the first 50MB as they have now, and then another 99c for every 50MB after that. Instead it's €1,024 for every 50MB after that. This pricing should be illegal (in fact, if they charged that when someone is roaming in Europe, it would be.).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I buy a 30 day pass for €20 and it gives me 7.5gb download limit which is ample for me, I only ever use about 1.5gb of it at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

That 30 Day Pass is for Mobile Broadband. While it does work in a phone, you need an MBB sim card and that won't work for calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

chrislad wrote: »
    That 30 Day Pass is for Mobile Broadband. While it does work in a phone, you need an MBB sim card and that won't work for calls.

Yes they have one for MBB but they also have one for normal prepaid subscribers.

You can buy a 30 day prepay data bundle and you get free meteor to meteor text as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

neonman wrote: »
    Yes they have one for MBB but they also have one for normal prepaid subscribers.

You can buy a 30 day prepay data bundle and you get free meteor to meteor text as well.
    How do you sign up for that?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

http://www.meteor.ie/plans/pay_as_you_go/#plans-tab

"Free Internet and Meteor texts" as long as you top up by €20 every month. Does the job nicely for me anywho.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

neonman wrote: »

I wasn't referring to what you said, but the person before me who said he got a 7.5 gig allowance for 30 days. It's 250mb (a fairly big difference) on the PayG plan you are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Vodafone do data bundles for prepay customers too. €20 for 5GB is the one I get. Only problem is their website is so crap you can never tell how much you've used up without an app to monitor it.

Advertisement