Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leech

• 20-11-2010 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭

So I've just confirmed that the thing I found halfway up the wall of my sitting room was a leech. It can only have been brought in by my cat. Horrified doesn't even start to cover it:eek:
    Just used Frontline, wonder if it works on leeches.... Did anyone even know we have leeches in Ireland, and have you ever found one on your pet???
    :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭dvet

Well frontline certainly isn't licensed to kill leeches/slugs etc - it would probably just leave any leeches present nicely flea/tick free!! :p

They certainly don't LIVE on animals -are you sure it's really a leech you're thinking of? How big was it? it hardly just 'hitched a lift' into the house on your cat's back, I can't see too many cats allowing a leech/slug to crawl on their back! And I would think that if your cat carried it in in its mouth that it would be already dead... ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

I presume it came in while feeding off the cat, and then dropped off in my sitting room. It was definitely a leech, the size of a slug but pointier, with a sucky mouth. And it was sitting on my wall. I flushed it down the loo, but they live in water don't they. Have to check it hasn't come back up, I could cry.:(

As an aside, my long-haired cat does exactly what was said - allows slugs to hitch a lift on her fluffy tail. I find them on her all the time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭dvet

Wow, placid cat!! I'm not sure what you could do to stop that really!

also.... yeeeeeeeeeeeuck! I can see why you're horrified!! :eek: :p

Advertisement