Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Yea id say A7X will either play second from top of Main or headline 2nd stage. Thinking about heading over

I'm thinking second stage headliner as well... I'd go see if Mike Portnoy is still drumming with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I'm thinking second stage headliner as well... I'd go see if Mike Portnoy is still drumming with them.

I'd say it's only a mater of time before Portnoy is announced as a full time member of Ax7, he wouldn't leave Dream Theater and not have a good gig to go to, and at the moment the Ax7 gig is one of the best in the business

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Avenged Sevenfold, saw them play with metallica last year in dublin, horrible, if they are headlining i doubt i will be making the trip

Seriously?? I'd seen Ax7 live a few times at festivals and support slots and was never that mad into them, all that changed when they supported Metallica, thought they were great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

A7X have a huge fan base. Got a lot more DT fans cause of portnoy aswell. Hope they dont headline though, but wouldnt mind seeing them on the main stage.
    Another anouncement next monday so probably be another headliner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Went for the 1st time last year and it was the ****. Didnt encounter one bit of trouble all weekend. Theres nothing better than a real rock crowd. Not really a SOAD fan but unless the line up really doesnt appeal to me i shall be attending next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

It's a pretty piss poor announcement, surely more bands need to be announced before a consideration about any purchase is made?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I dunno if I'll ever go to a Download Festival, there is very rarely more than 3-4 bands I'd like enough to watch, not enough to justify going over to England for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

It's a pretty piss poor announcement, surely more bands need to be announced before a consideration about any purchase is made?

Thats personal opinion really isnt it? Copping as already said its the best reaction they have ever had to a headliner announcement, and in general, the reaction seems positive. SOAD are a great headline announcement.

The announcement may shift some tickets before xmas, but I beleieve the announcement was forced upon them so early(usually jan/feb) because SOAD were announcing their comeback tour.
    That being said, people considering buying a ticket will still hold off until more of the lineup is announced. Makes no difference.

HBK wrote: »
    Thats personal opinion really isnt it?

Of course, although wise investment announcing Avenged Sevenfold, as I mentioned before their tour had excellent - no, incredible - touring margins in 2010 in the UK and it would be stupid NOT to have them announced as one of the first bands in terms of selling things.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

No offence man but you've then posted two threads about SLipknot playing Sonisphere. By that logic, surely thats a piss poor announcement too?

Last year Download did early bird tickets without any announcemnt, waited till a month after Sonisphere to announce bands. This year they are giving an indication of whats coming, and having possibly the most in-demand band in metal of next year is a good way to start it.

In saying that, after whats happened, sLipknot wouldn't be far behind in being in-demand. But these are only to whet the appetitie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Slipknot seem to be doing all the Sonispheres.

I saw Avenged Sevenfold at Marley Park with Metallica last year and although I'm not a fan, I liked the way M Shadows worked the crowd. Unless they clash with something else i want to see, I'll watch them purely for Portnoy.

I saw Avenged Sevenfold at Marley Park with Metallica last year and although I'm not a fan, I liked the way M Shadows worked the crowd. Unless they clash with something else i want to see, I'll watch them purely for Portnoy.

Who was that guy who sang 'Walk' in Marlay? Russell was his name and he sounded better than Avenged....I think Shadows was embarrassed he'd picked completely the wrong person out of the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Denny M wrote: »
    I dunno if I'll ever go to a Download Festival, there is very rarely more than 3-4 bands I'd like enough to watch, not enough to justify going over to England for it.

last year had ac/dc, ratm, megadeth, deftones, motorhead, slash, stone temple pilots and aerosmith, had it only been those guys and nothing else it would still have been great :p

its also easier for most people in ireland to get to download (flights to east midlands from all the major airports even knock) than it is to get to punchestown, the venue is right beside the airport too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

rossie1977 wrote: »
    last year had ac/dc, ratm, megadeth, deftones, motorhead, slash, stone temple pilots and aerosmith, had it only been those guys and nothing else it would still have been great :p

its also easier for most people in ireland to get to download (flights to east midlands from all the major airports even knock) than it is to get to punchestown, the venue is right beside the airport too
    Yeah, but out of those bands RATM would be the only one I'd really want to see, the others I wouldn't be bothered too much about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Linkin Park Confirmed Headliners.

Let me speak for us all..... "meh"

Linkin Park Confirmed Headliners.

Let me speak for us all..... "meh"

I second that emotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭hellyeah

very poor:mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Rob Zombie also confirmed

67150_1605648554231_1626676788_1400447_931888_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Not looking good so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

They are gonna need a really good 3rd headliner to get my ticket purchase. I really want to go as well but for me personally they are giving me nothing to work with :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

its a pity download wont come to ireland, i was at it back in 2006 or 2007? at the RDS. forget the year but it was ****, (alot of the bands didnt come over for it. did get to see AIC and Metallica, only bands worth watching at it.
    plus 2011 looks ****, but early stages yet, alot of more bands will be announced, but if thats the headliner thats a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Oh dear, a far cry from 2009 by the looks of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

Nailz wrote: »
    Oh dear, a far cry from 2009 by the looks of it!

But then...09 was an exception, last year didnt even compare to it!

I agree Linkin Park & Avenged Sevenfold = EPIC FAIL

But still..System=awesome....lets see how it shapes up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Being a bit of an old fogey I have to say High Voltage's line up is pissing all over this line up so far and they've only announced 2 bands !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

RayCon wrote: »
    Being a bit of an old fogey I have to say High Voltage's line up is pissing all over this line up so far and they've only announced 2 bands !!!

Being a probably younger listener of rock/metal, I have to say high Voltage's line-up is pissing all over this line-up so far and they've only announced two bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

What's putting me off Download is the tendency to repeat headliners every few years.

There's a lot of great bands out there that, with a bit of imagination from the organisers, would make Download an interesting proposition: Freak Kitchen, Bigelf, Beardfish, Helloween, Kiuas, Primal Fear, Haken, Threshold, Tarot, Sabaton, King's X, Vanden Plas, Evergrey, Old School Trash, and re-formed bands like Mr Big.

You'd have to go to one of the European festivals for the bulk of these. I'm very impressed by the High Voltage announcement and i'm sure the rest of the High Voltage line up will be on par (or remotely near) 2010's line up, I'm heading Victoria Park on 23rd and 24th July.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

i know this is the wrong thread, but how do you post an image? i have typed in an url of image and the tags are at each end but it still shows up as a link rather than the actual image coming up.?action=view&current=FixedThisThreadSucks.gif[IMG]http://C:\Documents and Settings\Dell\My Documents\My Pictures\Miscellanious[/IMG]

Try when you right click on the image and choose Copy Image Location and then pasted that in the thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Mushy wrote: »
    Being a probably younger listener of rock/metal, I have to say high Voltage's line-up is pissing all over this line-up so far and they've only announced two bands.

:Dpost_thanks.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement