Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Vaio Eb Laptop warranty

• 20-11-2010 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hello I purchased my Sony laptop yesterday from argos, and I asked the checkout girl the warranty period offered,she replied 1 year.
    When I was reading the sony manual it mentioned a two year warranty was available on most models once registered online. I did this but there was no mention of the 2 year warranty once I completed the online process.
    Is this warranty available in Ireland,it would be great to have!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I think that guarantee periods are quite meaningless these days.

http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Hot_Topics/FAQs/Faulty-goods/
    Q11. I have a faulty good but my guarantee is out of date by one month. Is there anything I can do?

A guarantee/warranty is a bonus and cannot affect or diminish your statutory rights with the seller. A guarantee/warranty is a written statement given by a manufacturer or a company indicating they will repair or replace a product within a specified time after it was purchased. You may decide to claim under a guarantee during its period of validity, but cannot be obliged to do so.
    Therefore you may, if the reasonable lifetime of a given product exceeds the time period of any warranty, pursue the seller in respect of your statutory rights - 'The Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act, 1980'. If the trader refuses to offer redress for the faulty goods and you have exhausted all other options you may wish to pursue the matter with the Small Claims Court.
    A guarantee may be useful to a third party, however, as it extends to anyone possessing the goods during the guarantee period. This contrasts with the statutory rights of a purchaser, which extend only to the original purchaser of a good and not to any subsequent recipient or owner of that product. This distinction in important to note in respect of items given as gifts or the purchase/use of second hand items.

Advertisement