Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem...help needed!

• 20-11-2010 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

ok first post on here so be nice
    i am doin a project on my laptop (vista),but when i save the documents on a usb and then try to open them on another computer (XP) all that comes up is a bunch of symbols!
    can any1 give me a solution to this problem plz?
    i hav no idea what to do and need to transfer the document asap :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

wexman1 wrote: »
    ok first post on here so be nice
    i am doin a project on my laptop (vista),but when i save the documents on a usb and then try to open them on another computer (XP) all that comes up is a bunch of symbols!
    can any1 give me a solution to this problem plz?
    i hav no idea what to do and need to transfer the document asap :(

Sounds like you are using 2 different version of Microsoft office.
    Prob Vista is 2007 and Xp is 2003.
    The best idea would be Make documents in Vista then Paste into Notes (text format) and paste it back into Xp.
    You might need to do some formatting again.

Or use open office (Open source and free).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭fudgez

you can also save in the 2003 format using office 2007 just goto file>save as and select what format you would like to save in from the dropdown list if you want full compatability I reccomend the "Rich Text File" Format but that will not work for pictures at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 riseagains

if your using powerpoint (.ppt) you can use the "pack and go" operation...

Now this is designed so you can create a .ppt file on your computer and also use it on any other pc in the world...

hope this helps..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 wexman1

tanx for de tips guys!

Advertisement