Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Vs West Ham. ESPN 5:30PM KO

Comments

Maxi
    Maxi Rodriguez
    Runs Down The Wing For me

De De De Der Der
    De De De Der Der

Love being on the Kop when that is belted out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That was a beautiful header. We're gonna win the league lads, wahey!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

We want 8, we want 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Complete and utter BS

He was hardly moored at right back when he scored today was he? Or his numerous runs down the wing so far?

And was his attacking threat ignored last season when he scored 6 or 7 goals for us last season?

BS eh? You're telling me that the lad we spunked 18 mill on has lived up to expectations? He's featured tonight because we're playing against a team that's easily the worst we've played against this season and allowing us time all over the park.
    The fact that you're justifying Johnson on the basis on tonight's lively 45 mins against this shower of ****e and ignoring his rancid form this season - you don't watch much footie do you?

mosstin wrote: »
    BS eh? You're telling me that the lad we spunked 18 mill on has lived up to expectations? He's featured tonight because we're playing against a team that's easily the worst we've played against this season and allowing us time all over the park.
    The fact that you're justifying Johnson on the basis on tonight's lively 45 mins against this shower of ****e and ignoring his rancid form this season - you don't watch much footie do you?

Jaysus, calm down.

We are 3-0 up. A bloody rarity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jesus lads, it really can't be overstated how absolutely terrible West Ham are at the back. Shocking stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

mosstin if you're planning on spending much time on this forum I'd wind my neck back in a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Brilliant first half performance from Liverpool. West Ham have been so so poor. Real relegation form they're on at the moment.

mike65 wrote: »
    mosstin if you're planning on spending much time on this forum I'd wind my neck back in a bit.

I'd hate to hear from him if we were losing!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

No surprise to see the likes of Maxi and Johnson excelling when we're playing with a bit of positivity. Will we learn for our away games? Not likely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The old 1965 stat being rolled out again on Talksport commentary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

That_Guy wrote: »
    Brilliant first half performance from Liverpool. West Ham have been so so poor. Real relegation form they're on at the moment.

this is the same west ham that utd let off the hook ala tevez a few season ago and kept em up. fergie and his buddy curbishley , that stank to the high hills. never liked those spammers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

The system Grant is playing is failing West Ham. A 5-4-1 system would have been best today considering the injury woes at Upton Park. Thinking you can go to Anfield missing Da Costa, Ben Haim, Hitzesperger, Behrami, Parker, Collison, Hines and Faubert and play an attacking system needs to have their head examined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

I watch plenty.
    Indeed I've watched enough to know that form is temporary, class is forever.

Glen Johnson (PFA rbest right back in the Premier League 08/09) has been thrown into an awful team since he arrived here. He is one of the few players who always thinks of going forward and pushing for an attack. Of course he'll struggle for form at times under managers like Benitez and Roy who are often play too cautious for a proper footballing player like Glen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Johnson was excellent for us for the majority of last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

Just like people got over excited after the Chelsea win. Were playing Spurs next week away from home.

Bale is going to have Johnson not walking right for days after and the passing from the likes of modric and van der vaart will have poulsen falling over backwards. Its going to be awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

BERBA wrote: »
    this is the same west ham that utd let off the hook ala tevez a few season ago and kept em up. fergie and his buddy curbishley , that stank to the high hills. never liked those spammers

Yes of course it's the same West Ham, are there any other.

As for that pretty stupid comment, I suppose Alex Ferguson is good mates with Phil Brown too considering the side he played vs Hull in the last game of 09 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

BERBA wrote: »

Im embarrassed for you.

IIRC two shots were pulled off the line by Yossi Beneyoun and Jonathan Spector, while Giggsy hit the post. Plus, Van Der Saar saved a virtual certainity from Nigel Reo Coker.

Context and reality is a bitch isnt it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Glen Johnson has just been any easy scapegoat because of his price tag. He gets caught out no more than any other liverpool player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

Lots of liverpool players are smiling. Haven't seen that in some time!

And yeah, if you honestly think that Johnson's attacking qualities have been "ignored" since he arrived at Liverpool then it is more than just bullsh!t. It's cow sh!t, horse sh!t and dog sh!t to boot. His goalscoring record and numerous assists are enough to prove to anyone that he has done way more than his fair share attacking wise from his right back position.

I watch plenty.
    Indeed I've watched enough to know that form is temporary, class is forever.

Glen Johnson (PFA rbest right back in the Premier League 08/09) has been thrown into an awful team since he arrived here. He is one of the few players who always thinks of going forward and pushing for an attack and needs a map and compass to guide him back to his post when he's lost possession and left us hopelessly exposed against a decent team. Of course he'll struggle for form at times under managers like Benitez and Roy who are often play too cautious for a proper footballing player like Glen.

I've inserted the text you either deleted or just forgot.

Glen Johnson is a great attacking threat. Problem is he is a terrible defender. And his form this season has stank the place up.

joe123 wrote: »
    Just like people got over excited after the Chelsea win. Were playing Spurs next week away from home.

Bale is going to have Johnson not walking right for days after and the passing from the likes of modric and van der vaart will have poulsen falling over backwards. Its going to be awful.

Kuyt will give Johnson a helping hand against Bale. And if he starts to play too well Carra will cream him. Sure didn't Phil Neville keep him quiet two weeks ago?
    Be positive man!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Great to see the humour from the Wham fans that have stayed.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,714 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

But we'll have Lucas back next week...

Kuyt will give Johnson a helping hand against Bale. And if he starts to play too well Carra will cream him. Sure didn't Phil Neville keep him quiet two weeks ago?
    Be positive man!

Id like to be positive, but Bale made maicon look like a sunday league footballer. Johnson struggles against players of far less quality.

Plus we are **** away from home because Hodgson doesnt know his arse from his elbow. The sooner hes gone the better. Wins like today just prolong this depression.

I've inserted the text you either deleted or just forgot.
    Glen Johnson is a great attacking threat. Problem is he is a terrible defender. And his form this season has stank the place up.

Vastly overdone media myth imo. (Just like the amount we actually paid for him)
    He is by no means great defensively, but all this crap about him being "awful" only started once he cemented his place as England No 1 RB and the media spotlight went full glare.

dfx- wrote: »
    Great to see the humour from the Wham fans that have stayed.:D

By leaving early :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

how bad are west ham,

thought they would make a game this,

grant looks like he is taking a crap everytime he is on the camera

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,678 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

But we'll have Lucas back next week...

... assuming Roy pics him, but yes - next week is the tricky bit.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Jaysus man, did you get dumped or something??? I don't think anyone is getting carried away. We're just enjoying the performance and the scoreline.

We know it's against a poor West Ham side, but we're doing our own thing and it's fantastic to watch.

Obviously, next week is a completely different scenario and we'll deal with that match thread when it's created, but for now, just enjoy this. It could be worse, it could be this time last week!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,146 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Indeed, he actually made very very few mistakes in defence last season, and in a lot of cases covered for other peoples mistakes.

He has been in poor form this season, but hopefully today will help him come out of that.

I would still actually like to see Kelly at RB against Bale however, with Johnson in front of him helping out as well.

Lads they'll be no gettin rid of woy now

He is by no means great defensively, but all this crap about him being "awful" only started once he cemented his place as England No 1 RB and the media spotlight went full glare.

If johnson cost us 6 million he could well be forgiven for his defensive frailties but he cost us 18. Ryan Babel of all people turned him inside out.

Id like to be positive, but Bale made maicon look like a sunday league footballer. Johnson struggles against players of far less quality.

Plus we are **** away from home because Hodgson doesnt know his arse from his elbow. The sooner hes gone the better. Wins like today just prolong this depression.

And Phil Neville made Bale look like Antonio Nunez.
    We won't know how he'll perform until the game comes around.

We're winning 3-0, how rare is that? I suggest you enjoy it!

Lucas has the same hair style as Jimmy MacElroy from Blades of Glory!! :D

If johnson cost us 6 million he could well be forgiven for his defensive frailties but he cost us 18. Ryan Babel of all people turned him inside out.

Ryan Babel also scored a winning goal against Manchester United. Does that make their back four rubbish?

About 10 million of that money was written off for cash that Pompey still owed us from the Crouch deal. With Pompey's money problems we would never have gotten that money one way or another. Johnson essentially signed for around 8 million quid.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Lucas has the same hair style as Jimmy MacElroy from Blades of Glory!! :D

:D Let's hope he can glide around the pitch like him

Dear God man, you clearly watch football through your fingers. Glen Johnson - as I suggested in my earlier post - is a fantastic asset going forward; pacy, willing to take on the full back, pretty good delivery - but when it comes to the basics of defending he's hapless, invariably way out of position and we invariably get punished for it against the better sides. All the 'crap' about him being 'awful' at FB is because he is crap and awful at FB.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Ryan Babel also scored a winning goal against Manchester United. Does that make their back four rubbish?

About 10 million of that money was written off for cash that Pompey still owed us from the Crouch deal. With Pompey's money problems we would never have gotten that money one way or another. Johnson essentially signed for around 8 million quid.
    No he didn't. It was 18 million. Regardless of money not gotten for Crouch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Jesus Joe how about leaving the talk of the Spurs game for the main thread? We're playing well today and most of us are trying to enjoy it, we don't have to be pissed off all the time.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Jaysus man, did you get dumped or something??? I don't think anyone is getting carried away. We're just enjoying the performance and the scoreline.

We know it's against a poor West Ham side, but we're doing our own thing and it's fantastic to watch.

Obviously, next week is a completely different scenario and we'll deal with that match thread when it's created, but for now, just enjoy this. It could be worse, it could be this time last week!!

After the Chelsea game Roy was being hailed. When we loose hes a joke.

We are playing a **** team. For the future of our club Roy needs to go.

The day a win over west ham is hailed as something great....

Ah ya know what il leave it. Il catch you when you decide again that Roy is infact no use.

Fickle fickle fans.:cool:

Meireles man of the match for me so far

Jesus Joe how about leaving the talk of the Spurs game for the main thread? We're playing well today and most of us are trying to enjoy it, we don't have to be pissed off all the time.

joe , your right to be concerned about next week:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,714 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I just want us to fix our negative goal difference...is that too much to ask for?

So one swallow does make a summer. Glad we've cleared that up.

Ah for gods sake you know as well as I do Johnson has been exposed over and over again for his poor defensive play. I just used babel as an example.

And whichever way you try and phrase it Johnson cost us 18 million.

Ah ya know what il leave it. Il catch you when you decide again that Roy is infact no use.

Roy wasn't been hailed after the Chelsea match and he's not being hailed now. I still want him gone.

But come on, even the IMF can't take this one away from us. I'll worry about next week in due course, but for now i'm enjoying this one!

• Advertisement

Is it a crime to enjoy a 3-0 scoreline these days? Do you want us to be all doom and gloom even when things do go right?

Why are you a football fan if you can't take pleasure from a 3-0 scoreline :confused:

Advertisement