Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Vs West Ham. ESPN 5:30PM KO

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

joe123 wrote: »
    infact no use.

Fickle fickle fans.:cool:

This is ridiculous in fairness.

Liverpool fans enjoying watching their team winning well is hardly fickle.

I get the impression you'd rather see us losing to speed up the managers exit.

Most fans want to see him go, we don't want to watch our team losing though.

Enjoy it ffs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

By leaving early :confused:

A lot are still left

"That's why we're going down" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Gotta say fair play to the West Ham fans - still singing. Always had a great deal of respect for them, especailly the way they showed their class after the 2006 FA Cup, clapping Liverpool fans on their way out of the stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Does anyone else think Cole is over rated? stat he's never scored twice in a premier league game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

SantryRed wrote: »
    No he didn't. It was 18 million. Regardless of money not gotten for Crouch.

We handed over 8 million and wrote off 10 million we never would have gotten anyway. It cost us 8 million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

This is ridiculous in fairness.

Liverpool fans enjoying watching their team winning well is hardly fickle.

I get the impression you'd rather see us losing to speed up the managers exit.

Most fans want to see him go, we don't want to watch our team losing though.

Enjoy it ffs.

Its not that, im delighted we are winning as its good for confidence and morale, plus it keeps us in touch just about with the top teams in the league. What I find annoying is how quick fans can turn around say one thing one week and one the next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

We handed over 8 million and wrote off 10 million we never would have gotten anyway. It cost us 8 million.

Eh no. You were owed 10 million which you didn't get which is an expense too. So it clearly cost you 18 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

West Ham fans very disgruntled as you'd expect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Eh no. You were owed 10 million which you didn't get which is an expense too. So it clearly cost you 18 million.

He doesn't handle logic. Best leave it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,146 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

No he didn't. It was 18 million. Regardless of money not gotten for Crouch.

You're missing the point. It was pretty common knowledge at that point Pompy were going under. So we get the player for in or abouts 8 million of actual money, and do them the deal of them being able to write off some debt. That money would never have been paid to Liverpool, just the same as it will never be paid to any of the other clubs they owed. It was a case of dont buy johnson, and never receive the Crouch money, or bring in Johnson and write off the debt.

And tbh 8 to 10 million for the right back of the year, and English international is not a bad price. He was easily worth that to us last year. he's had his problems with form and injuries this year, but on the back of 2 very good seasons, I would expect his form to turn around.

Eh no. You were owed 10 million which you didn't get which is an expense too.

Would never have gotten regardless of Johnson deal. Not in a million years.

That 10 million was lost from the getgo regardless what else occurred, so while its an expense, its not an expense which was caused by the purchase of Johnson, it was caused by the insolvency of Pompy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Lol, 'you're getting sacked in the morning' Grant looking none too pleased.:)

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    You're missing the point. It was pretty common knowledge at that point Pompy were going under. So we get the player for in or abouts 8 million of actual money, and do them the deal of them being able to write off some debt. That money would never have been paid to Liverpool, just the same as it will never be paid to any of the other clubs they owed. It was a case of dont buy johnson, and never receive the Crouch money, or bring in Johnson and write off the debt.

And tbh 8 to 10 million for the right back of the year, and English international is not a bad price. He was easily worth that to us last year. he's had his problems with form and injuries this year, but on the back of 2 very good seasons, I would expect his form to turn around.
    I think the point they are making is it is still money and to be honest I'm surprised you didn't get him for the ten million you were owed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Its not that, im delighted we are winning as its good for confidence and morale, plus it keeps us in touch just about with the top teams in the league. What I find annoying is how quick fans can turn around say one thing one week and one the next week.

But who is doing that?? Anyone who wants Roy gone still wants him gone. Anyone who want him to stay........well, is Eagle Eye!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

Eh no you're wrong it was stages payment like every signing in the league he cost us 8 million, do you work for Anglo?

So what it comes down to is....how much did we sell crouch for? 4 million? lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Lads, we are three up.

Right now I could not give a damn about how much Johnson cost, or how shyte we have been this season. I am simply enjoying this 90 minutes, and enjoying not having a feeling of dread about the other team getting back into the game.

mosstin wrote: »
    Dear God man, you clearly watch football through your fingers. Glen Johnson - as I suggested in my earlier post - is a fantastic asset going forward; pacy, willing to take on the full back, pretty good delivery - but when it comes to the basics of defending he's hapless, invariably way out of position and we invariably get punished for it against the better sides. All the 'crap' about him being 'awful' at FB is because he is crap and awful at FB.
    Ah for gods sake you know as well as I do Johnson has been exposed over and over again for his poor defensive play. I just used babel as an example.

And whichever way you try and phrase it Johnson cost us 18 million.

He has played under two cautious managers who sadly didn't share his appetite for attacking football. No accident he was named the best right back in the Premier League for Pompey under a manager who favoured attacking football. When he is out of position, which doesn't occur nearly as much as you lot suggest, it's usually because he was in a forward position. The day I criticize a wing back for wanting to get at the opposition (which is the reason he was brought to the club) is the day I buy a replica shirt and get Poulsen printed on the back of it!

Every time West Ham get the ball they insist on slowing the game down instead of using Obinna's and Piquinne's pace

I think the point they are making is it is still money and to be honest I'm surprised you didn't get him for the ten million you were owed

Because there is absolutely no incentive for them to give him to us for the 10 million they owed. They weren't going to have to pay us off anyway, as were going to be declared insolvent, so they would have instead had our debt written off regardless, and sold him to someone else for whatever they could get.

Yup, as it has transpired, the people we sold Crouch to, could never pay for him, so yeah we effectively lost him for next to nothing. The joys of bankruptcy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

how much did spurs make on robbie keane?

• Advertisement

That would've been a special goal for Maxi.

He has played under two cautious managers who sadly didn't share his appetite for attacking football. No accident he was named the best right back in the Premier League for Pompey under a manager who favoured attacking football. When he is out of position, which doesn't occur nearly as much as you lot suggest, it's usually because he was in a forward position. The day I criticize a wing back for wanting to get at the opposition (which is the reason he was brought to the club) is the day I buy a replica shirt and get Poulsen printed on the back of it!

I never said he was constantly out of position. What I said is, he is a wingback who is a bad defender but excellent attacker and has been pretty ****e since getting injured last season.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Lads, we are three up.

Right now I could not give a damn about how much Johnson cost, or how shyte we have been this season. I am simply enjoying this 90 minutes, and enjoying not having a feeling of dread about the other team getting back into the game.

Agreed.

I'll save it for the superthread. Let's enjoy this good performance and 3-0 scoreline, unlike some "supporters"

Agreed.

I'll save it for the superthread. Let's enjoy this good performance and 3-0 scoreline, unlike some "supporters"

Dont be so childish mate. We all want whats best for the club and I dont think any of us on here want us to loose. You need to read posts more carefully.

BERBA wrote: »
    how much did spurs make on robbie keane?

About six million.

You could have made about 20 odd million but you's bought him back and then loaned him out to Celtic!!

Redknapp out!

Great win today by the way!! ;)

Smashing shots from Torres and Poulson

Unlucky. Great efforts from both Torres and Poulsen. Good saves though.

Amazing effort from Torres

Great from Poulsen too

After the Chelsea game Roy was being hailed. When we loose hes a joke.

We are playing a **** team. For the future of our club Roy needs to go.

The day a win over west ham is hailed as something great....

Ah ya know what il leave it. Il catch you when you decide again that Roy is infact no use.

Fickle fickle fans.:cool:

LOL.

Remember this???
    I wish Chelsea gave us a ****n hammering and this truly would be the end of that clown.

Disgrace.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=69005875#post69005875

:cool:

• Advertisement

Welcome back Fabio

Good to see Fabio making a return.

Please please please don't get broken again!

rarnes1 wrote: »

I said that with my tongue firmly placed in my cheek! And we had just lost 2-0 to stoke.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

cant say I suprised with the score so far.

Johnson is having a brilliant match in fairness. But he's doing what i know he's good at. It's the likes of Spurs away next week that i hate about him!!

In saying that, i can see it being three all with hat tricks from both Johnson and Bale with Harry & Roy having coronary's on the sideline!!

I'd say Avram is out of there pretty soon.

They've been much worse than the sum of their parts this season.

Pity, as I like the man.

• Advertisement

I said that with my tongue firmly placed in my cheek! And we had just lost 2-0 to stoke.

if you were a real supporter you'd never want to see your team lose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Agreed.

Aye, good lad. You've been found out so pipe down. Cheers. Come on the Reds.

Such sloppy passing from West Ham. Frustrating to watch. Liverpool should have more goals to be honest.

BERBA wrote: »
    if you were a real supporter you'd never want to see your team lose

Do you not understand the term "tongue placed in cheek"? Wow embarrassing.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Johnson is having a brilliant match in fairness. But he's doing what i know he's good at. It's the likes of Spurs away next week that i hate about him!!

In saying that, i can see it being three all with hat tricks from both Johnson and Bale with Harry & Roy having coronary's on the sideline!!

Both our full backs playing well today. Konchesky has steadily improved for us this season.

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I'd say Avram is out of there pretty soon.

They've been much worse than the sum of their parts this season.

Pity, as I like the man.

I felt sorry for him tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,279 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Lol, 'you're getting sacked in the morning' Grant looking none too pleased.:)
    Has to be the end of him?

I really don't see how he is still relatively highly thought of, he was utter sh1te at Portsmouth last year but seemed to get sympathy because of their financial troubles, and very little was said of them being so bad despite having pretty ok players

mosstin wrote: »
    Aye, good lad. You've been found out so pipe down. Cheers. Come on the Reds.

Ssssh

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Both our full backs playing well today. Konchesky has steadily improved for us this season.

Yep, Konchesky though not brillian,t is a safe fullback. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Despite the scoreline, what really really niggles with me is that this is a game we could and should be bringing on Pacheco at 60 or 65 minutes in.

Good to see Shelvey coming on, but would much rather we give more time to Pacheco (no reason not to have both on obviously though)

Do you not understand the term "tongue placed in cheek"? Wow embarrassing.

embarrassing for you mate when you accused me of trolling last week coz i picked you up on it , your a sunshine supporter

Has to be the end of him?

I really don't see how he is still relatively highly thought of, he was utter sh1te at Portsmouth last year but seemed to get sympathy because of their financial troubles, and very little was said of them being so bad despite having pretty ok players

He was working under awful conditions at Pompey in fairness. Many on here pardoned Rafa for his last season due to the conditions he was working under.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

Great to see Fabio back

That_Guy wrote: »
    Such sloppy passing from West Ham. Frustrating to watch. Liverpool should have more goals to be honest.

We should have alright. But it's the usual, when you have such a big lead at halftime, you can bet the scoreline will be the same at full time.

Would've been an amazing goal from Aurelio to mark his return in style.

• Advertisement
Advertisement