Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Vs West Ham. ESPN 5:30PM KO

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

BERBA wrote: »
    embarrassing for you mate when you accused me of trolling last week coz i picked you up on it , your a sunshine supporter

Lol. Do you even know what a sunshine supporter is? Before you answer that have a look at liverpool and their current standing.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Why spend any more energy than one needs to?

cape_town.1121042700.fh020017.jpg

This is good for next weekend.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Despite the scoreline, what really really niggles with me is that this is a game we could and should be bringing on Pacheco at 60 or 65 minutes in.

Good to see Shelvey coming on, but would much rather we give more time to Pacheco (no reason not to have both on obviously though)

Agree. Would of been a no pressure introduction for Pacheco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

This thread would drive you fcuking mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

joe123 wrote: »
    Lol. Do you even know what a sunshine supporter is? Before you answer that have a look at liverpool and their current standing.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

pot kettle , look back over your comments on last few pages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Despite the scoreline, what really really niggles with me is that this is a game we could and should be bringing on Pacheco at 60 or 65 minutes in.

Good to see Shelvey coming on, but would much rather we give more time to Pacheco (no reason not to have both on obviously though)

I was gonna post this very point before i read it. I'm not entirely convinced about Pacheco's potential, tbh.

But i certainly want him given a proper chance to prove himself before he leaves and this match was a perfect opportunity for one of those chances.

Whatever's going on, Roy needs to sort it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

So lads, who's your tip for motm?
    I'd go for Johnson, closely followed by Maxi. Everyone played well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Will Babel ever be a Liverpool starter ?

BERBA wrote: »
    pot kettle , look back over your comments on last few pages

Im going to stick you on ignore now like I was advised to do already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

joe123 wrote: »
    Im going to stick you on ignore now like I was advised to do already.

LOL :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

All over 3-0 Liverpool never really pushed at any stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Purely in Europa League and other such cup matches.

Johnson was excellent today.My motm aswell. Im worried for him up against Bale but couldnt fault him today.

Showed a lovely calmness for a header back to Reina at one stage aswell. If he can find form hel be a major asset to the team.

All in all a good win today. Really crazy to think were only 9 points behind Chelsea! 3 of a champions league place despite our terrible start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,146 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Not in any even remotely serious game. I'd say he won't be a Liverpool player come the end of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

Not in any even remotely serious game. I'd say he won't be a Liverpool player come the end of January.

Hopefully he's the biggest load of rubbish on our books atm

• Advertisement

Delighted with that win :)

I'm done with Babel. He's a non entity in a Liverpool jersey.

He reminds me a bit of Stan Collymore. He has so much potential, but seems like he couldn't be arsed one way or another!!

Meireles for me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Maxi for me.

Was it just me or was the crowd completely dead tonight?

super-rush wrote: »
    Maxi for me.

They were, but it was a non contest in fairness. The crowd knew early on, like ourselves here, what the outcome would be.

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    Meireles for me!!

Me 2.

super-rush wrote: »
    Maxi for me.

The Kop were singing away as normal but the rest of the ground was quiet enough alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

They were, but it was a non contest in fairness. The crowd knew early on, like ourselves here, what the outcome would be.

I thought it might have been a silent protest. I remember games when we were way out in front at half time and the place was rocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Johnson, Maxi and Meireles were the best players on the pitch. All had fantastic games.

Kuyt commenting on his penalty said that he was told by Gerrard beforehand that if they were awarded one, to shoot down the middle.

Stevie G obviously noticed something about Robert Green while training with him during the World Cup.

Good man, Captain!! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,146 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I'm just gonna praise the trio of Maxi, Meireles and Johnson.

Maxi's return to form has been huge in Liverpool's better performances of late.

I'd add Konchesky to that trio too

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Johnson, Maxi and Meireles were the best players on the pitch. All had fantastic games.

Pretty much this post. For me, it was Meireles, but i have no problem with any of the above getting Man of the Match.

I've been critical of Maxi previously, but the last few weeks has been his best spell in a Liverpool jersey

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Hmmm my post on the first page was oddly prophetic :(
    I'm absolutely astounded how different we look without Scott Parker in the team. Cannot see us staying up this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

I'm absolutely astounded how different we look without Scott Parker in the team. Cannot see us staying up this season.
    There's a long way to go and i actually rate Grant as a manager but the last manager left some really poor footballers at the club so it's gonna be hard for yas.

• Advertisement

I'm really not taking the p!ss here cos we've been poor, but West Ham have been the worst team i've seen this season.

Blackpool played us off the pitch earlier on. Money needs to be spent in January. I know you's were missing Scotty Parker, but f*cking hell????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I think it was obvious today that we were playing the only team in the PL worse than us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

I'm really not taking the p!ss here cos we've been poor, but West Ham have been the worst team i've seen this season.

Blackpool played us off the pitch earlier on. Money needs to be spent in January. I know you's were missing Scotty Parker, but f*cking hell????

In fairness, West Ham are currently missing Tal Ben Haim, Manuel Da Costa (who virtually shut out Arsenal on his own), Jack Collison, Tomas Hitzelsperger, Valon Behrami, Kieron Dyer, Julian Faubert and Zavon Hines (who played Liverpool off the park in September 2009). The impact of the absence of these players, along with Scotty Parker cannot be overstated.

Either way, we have been hopelessly bad this term, and the R word is going to be passing the lips of many Hammers fans in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I'm another one who finds it hard to get too excited about this result given the standard West Ham played at.

Still, it can do the confidence of Maxi, Johnson and Poulson in particular no harm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

It's not your problem that the hammers are muck though, 3 points to just bring you outside the euro places is all that matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

What price are the pool for champos league spot now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I think it was obvious today that we were playing the only team in the PL worse than us.

Wait until next month lad. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

That_Guy wrote: »
    Wait until next month lad. ;)

Ha, I'd say ye have actually been marginally better than us this season. ;)

Advertisement