Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allendale Estate, Clonsilla - a nice place to live?

Options
  • 20-11-2010 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

We are biddding on a house in Allendale. Just wondering if there are any structural issues with these houses, also any antisocial problems or issues, or any comments in general are welcome.

Thanks in advance,

nonie10

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Where is Allendale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 nonie10

Clonsilla

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Looks like a nice quiet area, lots of kids out playing. Layout is pretty off putting, it's like a maze trying to get in and out if you don't know the area. Close enough to Ongar Village for shopping etc, not too far from Clonsilla train station either.

Tha for that Adrienne. We are in ongar at the moment so familiar with the area. It is a bit if a maZe but would be used to that from where we are! Drive around yday and today in allendale n all very quiet! What are the houses like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Victor wrote: »
    Where is Allendale?

Beside Ongar (D15)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

nonie10 wrote: »
    We are biddding on a house in Allendale. Just wondering if there are any structural issues with these houses, also any antisocial problems or issues, or any comments in general are welcome.

Thanks in advance,

nonie10

Houses look nice and I would guess there is a lot less antisocial behaviour in comparison to Ongar given that it doesn't have shops, etc. to attract teenagers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

If you are going to have children, I would consider what schools in the area you would send them to. I know my relatives/partner who live there all went to Coolmine College. 15 years ago it was fine, but the more younger cousins at it now, the reputation has gone downhill.

So I think if its just to live etc, it should be fine. But if you have or plan to have children, you should consider the schools and what their reputation is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

In a nutshell: Huge amounts of rental property and lots of foreign nationals.

@n97 mini I think that is the same in the majority of housing estates in the area. I have looked into it and the adjoining house in owner occupied!

@magneticimpulse thanks for the information but that will not be an issue for us (for a few years at least!!!)

Advertisement