If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blu-Ray player with USB

Options
  • 20-11-2010 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Gents,

I'm looking for a blu-ray player that has a usb port to play movies, photo's etc from a memory stick. This is going to be a Christmas present so want something good but, given recession etc and the IMF in town I don't want to spend too much. I have a Sony 370s, this is a class piece kit so something along those lines. Can you give some suggestions and prices?

I'm also looking for an dock of some sorts for my daughter's ipod, again nothing too fancy (she is only 11 so it's just something small for her room).

Cheers.

R.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi RDMH

I can offer up the Philips BDP3100 Blu-Ray player
    This has just been released to the market and is a very nice machine
    BDP3100_05-IMS-global?wid=430&hei=430&$jpglarge$
    It naturally offer 1080p/24fps output for BR discs and will upscale DVD to 1080p as well

If you plug it into a suitable AV amp it will pass through DD TrueHD and DTS MAster Audio via HDMI

This player is a Profile 2 unit so you can access the BD-Live online content from certain films, just plu it into your Broadband Router and off you go (you'll need to insert at least a 1Gb USB stick into the back panel USB port forthis to work)

The player has a front mounted USB port for USB sticks containing JPEGS, MP3 Files and DivX movie files

Check out the full spec here -
    http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/b/bdp3100_05/bdp3100_05_pss_eng.pdf

The BDP3100 is priced at €149.99.

We have a wide range of iPod Speaker Docks in store as you'll see from this link
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/idockpage.htm

We have pure iPod speaker docks to wall mounting iPod Docking CD Hifi systems priced from €49.99 up to €399.99 with LOTS of price points in between so bound to be something that would suit.

We have these all on display so feel free to call in and have a listen and play with them.

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RDMH

Hi RDMH

I can offer up the Philips BDP3100 Blu-Ray player
    This has just been released to the market and is a very nice machine
    BDP3100_05-IMS-global?wid=430&hei=430&$jpglarge$
    It naturally offer 1080p/24fps output for BR discs and will upscale DVD to 1080p as well

If you plug it into a suitable AV amp it will pass through DD TrueHD and DTS MAster Audio via HDMI

This player is a Profile 2 unit so you can access the BD-Live online content from certain films, just plu it into your Broadband Router and off you go (you'll need to insert at least a 1Gb USB stick into the back panel USB port forthis to work)

The player has a front mounted USB port for USB sticks containing JPEGS, MP3 Files and DivX movie files

Check out the full spec here -
    http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/b/bdp3100_05/bdp3100_05_pss_eng.pdf

The BDP3100 is priced at €149.99.

We have a wide range of iPod Speaker Docks in store as you'll see from this link
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/idockpage.htm

We have pure iPod speaker docks to wall mounting iPod Docking CD Hifi systems priced from €49.99 up to €399.99 with LOTS of price points in between so bound to be something that would suit.

We have these all on display so feel free to call in and have a listen and play with them.

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Ash,

That sounds like a nice piece of kit but as this is for my father-in-law (who is in his mid 70's) it's a bit too much for his needs (no broadband nor surround sound).

I was looking on your UK site and notice the following Panasonic's (both priced at £79.95)

DMPBD60 and DMPBD45

There was also a Philips BDP7300 for £69.95 (this does have a front USB port but not sure if it plays .mkv etc.)

Any chance you could get one of these (preference is the Panasonic)??

Hi RDMH

Your dads 70 Years old and still seeking the latest tech eh!
    That's what I like to hear - good on him:)

You could try Richer Sounds Belfast for the Panasonics - they should be able to help out.

I will have the Philips BDP2500 soon this sells for €99.99

http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/b/bdp2500_05/bdp2500_05_pss_eng.pdf

This may be right up his street...dont suppose he needs a nice big Full HD TV to show off his new BR player does he?!

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RDMH

Hi RDMH

Your dads 70 Years old and still seeking the latest tech eh!
    That's what I like to hear - good on him:)

You could try Richer Sounds Belfast for the Panasonics - they should be able to help out.

I will have the Philips BDP2500 soon this sells for €99.99

http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/b/bdp2500_05/bdp2500_05_pss_eng.pdf

This may be right up his street...dont suppose he needs a nice big Full HD TV to show off his new BR player does he?!

Cheers
    Ash

Cheers Ash, Maybe Dave in the Belfast store can advise re the Panny. I'll have a look at the BDP2500 too, when will you have this in stock?

As for the TV, we got him one earlier this year:D

Thought I'd chance my arm mentioning a new TV......you never know:D
    I expect the delivery of BDP2500 in the next few days according to my dispatch list.

I believe Dave is off at the moment but if you buzz the shop 0044 333 900 0070 and mention you are a Boardie one of the guys will be able to look after you on the Pana's

atb
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

<Snip>

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@Nabber,

Please take a moment to read the Charter http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055564744 , particularly the part that says:

If you see a post which is looking for a quote or advice from RS, please resist the urge to offer your opinion ! Such queries are not an open invitation for posters to make suggestions etc, these queries should be left to RS to answer. If queries or requests for quotes attracted everyone's opinion, the forum would be unworkable. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

The techncial specifications of the item in question have already been made clear in the response ot the OP.

Thanks,

Ritz.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.