Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to probe Hidden SSID

Options
  • 20-11-2010 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭

my dad has an Eircom Zyxel Wireless Router. i want to hide the SSID but with the hide of the SSID you cant Connect to the Wireless Router. how can i Probe to network to allow the 2 laptops and 1 mac to get the information from the Router ? any free software out their ?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Give the network a name, and then hide it. You can then choose to connect to a non-broadcasting network from the computers.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Once you've given it a name the client can connect by name.

Kismet will see it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Do you mean KisMac? KisMac its good if you want your Laptop running for about 2days to get enough packets to do a bruteforce.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

If you really need to connect to the router then you can connect by ethernet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement