Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice - new frame or new bike?

• 20-11-2010 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

I have a Planet-X SL Pro Carbon with a combination of DA-7900 and Ultegra groupset and a FSA SLK MEGXO Compact crankset. Model B Wheels. I've had since early 2009 but it has very little mileage (<1000) long term injuries having a couple other bikes for winter and commuting. Paid around €1800 for it.

Which of the following would ye recommend please ?

1. Keep it as is.
    2. Buy a new frame set and transfer the bits and pieces. - sell the PX
    frameset
    3. sell it and buy a completely new bike.
    4. Keep it and buy a new bike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Hi ajk24, is the question about upgrading or down grading? Maybe I'm reading your post incorrectly but I'm not sure what your trying to get at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

5. Give it to your boardsie neighbour who needs a second bike...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ajk24

Hi ajk24, is the question about upgrading or down grading? Maybe I'm reading your post incorrectly but I'm not sure what your trying to get at.

good point - original post not very clear.

upgrading is what I have in mind - i don't think i would get as good a groupset at the same price again.

planet-x frameset is currently €455.

if my budget were to stretch to 1200-1500 would I get a much better frameset? suggestions on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ajk24

Funkyzeit wrote: »
    5. Give it to your boardsie neighbour who needs a second bike...:D

for a jackeen like you I'll let you have it for €5k :D.

aside: are you heading out with the club in the morning? tight itb causing a lot of pain so will give it a miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

ajk24 wrote: »
    for a jackeen like you I'll let you have it for €5k :D.

aside: are you heading out with the club in the morning? tight itb causing a lot of pain so will give it a miss.

Throw in you house and we have a deal.
    Yip headin out again -saw you up Kilmoney road today btw....

• Advertisement
Advertisement