Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Terapin :c

Options
  • 20-11-2010 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Hi i just found one of my dauthers terapins dead the shell was empty and bits of the boady around the thank :(

Im not sure if this is normal or if the other Terapin attacked the dead one as a few years ago the other one used to all ways bite the dead ones neck and drag her around the thank and the one that is still alive always eat more then the other one and is a good bit bigger they started of the same size

I dont want to say to my little one that ill get her an other Terapin if the one ive got might attack it :(

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Usually they'll only kill another one if its already sick or they're very mismatched in size. More likely the turtle died and the other one ate it. They're carrion feeders in the wild so won't pass up the chance to eat. Not nice to find though :( Happened to one of mine a few years back. If you get another try and get one around the same size. A baby generally won't last long.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Well one was biger then the other but the smaller one was able to stand up for it self they did not fight that much in all the years ive had them im just glad i found her and not my daughter as she is very upset id say it would be alot worse if she seen her pet dead i was upset when i found her dead what would a kid be like

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yea not nice. Defo upset me at the time.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

Sorry to hear that. Thank god you found it and not your daughter.

Advertisement