Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Threatened with a site ban

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

First off this is in the wrong place, this is for disputes, as in when you get banned disputes.

Second all you seem to do is troll various forums insulting people, every other post of yours has an insult in it.

Now i sent you a pm asking you as to why you thought my post above was "moronic" (because my post was a joke with a jag in that thread, which most people got) as i didn't want to derail that thread anymore that it had been, you replied with How is it hard to understand moronic and a quote from wiki or something defining what moronic meant, that was it? I then replied "are you calling me moronic? if so i hope you like sitebans" it was tongue and cheek, i never once said you will get a siteban, i was trying to figure out if you called me or my post moronic, i also explained this to you in my next pm, all of my pm's to you were lighthearted and included lots of lol's and a few smileys, i was just curious as to why you thought my post was moronic (which you failed to answer).

I probably shouldn't have replied to this as it doesn't belong here but i thought i would (cos i've had a few) and decided to defend myself against this obvious troll!!!!!

I'll say no more till someone move this or makes a decision!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Hayzooz

First off this is in the wrong place, this is for disputes, as in when you get banned disputes.

Apologies, it's pretty confusing
    Second all you seem to do is troll various forums insulting people, every other post of yours has an insult in it.

Now i sent you a pm asking you as to why you thought my post above was "moronic" (because my post was a joke with a jag in that thread, which most people got) as i didn't want to derail that thread anymore that it had been, you replied with How is it hard to understand moronic and a quote from wiki or something defining what moronic meant, that was it? I then replied "are you calling me moronic? if so i hope you like sitebans" it was tongue and cheek, i never once said you will get a siteban, i was trying to figure out if you called me or my post moronic, i also explained this to you in my next pm, all of my pm's to you were lighthearted and included lots of lol's and a few smileys, i was just curious as to why you thought my post was moronic (which you failed to answer).

I probably shouldn't have replied to this as it doesn't belong here but i thought i would (cos i've had a few) and decided to defend myself against this obvious troll!!!!!

I'll say no more till someone move this or makes a decision!

Now my understanding of this, is that you have posted here because I have already posted a warning that I was going to report you.

As a newcomer, and not knowing your history, your post came across as ridiculous. Yes, I now know you were "having a laugh".

What I don't accept is your thinly-veiled threat to siteban me because of my criticism of your post.

It seems to me that you have been back-tracking since you sent me that message and that you have been thoroughly caught out. Now I have little or no intention, nor interest in bans or suspensions or christ knows what you people do here, but in the interest of the continuing operations of this website I would have people like you no where near the running or administration of it.

Indeed, if it were paid employment, you're amateurish threats would be dealt with quickly with a P45.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from DRF.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Hayzooz, no matter how you look at it your response to Homer's post was abusive. The mistake Homer made was replying to the post and PMing you about it rather than report it. Now regardless of whether the tone of his PM was humorous or not, he should not have mentioned anything about a siteban, and I have explained exactly why to him. That said, in the 10 days you've been on Boards you've picked already up 2 infractions, a warning and a forum ban. If I was a betting man I'd put a few quid on you picking up a siteban before long if you don't start behaving yourself. This isn't a threat, merely an observation, but it's up to you to prove me wrong.

I suggest from now on you ignore each other. It seems like the easiest way of ensuring that nobody says something out of turn in the future that may result in more than a Help Desk thread.

Advertisement