Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to stay on my current Vodafone plan but need new phone.

Options
  • 20-11-2010 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Basically my question is, I want to stay on my Vodafone simply plan but need a new phone. If I upgrade with them my monthly bill will double.
    Can I buy a prepay mobile with them and just put my current sim in it?
    The sim free phones are very expensive so just thought this might be an option for me.
    Anyone had any problems doing this?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Nov2006 wrote: »
    Basically my question is, I want to stay on my Vodafone simply plan but need a new phone. If I upgrade with them my monthly bill will double.
    Can I buy a prepay mobile with them and just put my current sim in it?
    The sim free phones are very expensive so just thought this might be an option for me.

thanks
    `

Generally a pre-paid phone will take a bill-paid SIM from the same network, but I reckon eventually they will figure a way to stop this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

If one of your mates is on prepaid then give their number and they can get the €20 credit or whatever is going for the preaid phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Answer is: Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

`

Generally a pre-paid phone will take a bill-paid SIM from the same network, but I reckon eventually they will figure a way to stop this.
    Trust me they wont, having two types of phones of every phone on the range takes far too much shelf space, especially since most phone shops are tiny!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Nov2006 wrote: »

thanks

...and prepaid phones aren't always much cheaper than sim free.

• Advertisement
Advertisement