Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sinn Fein or Fianna Fail

• 20-11-2010 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

After hours favourite 2 political parties :pac::pac:

Well if ya had to who would you vote for in the next general election ;)

The shinners or brian cowen again - who would you rather see running the next government if it somehow came to it

Sinn Féin or Fianna Féil 188 votes

Sinn Féin
    0% 0 votes
    Fianna Fáil
    100% 188 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Heres a poll SF will win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Pretty sure they both backed the blanket bailout. So, neither thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Convicted Criminals vs Unconvicted Criminals....tough choice....I'll pass on both :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭blogga

Sinn fein are FF circa 1932. Time travel anyone? A plague on both their houses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Anyone wrote: »
    Convicted Criminals vs Unconvicted Criminals....tough choice....I'll pass on both :)

Coming from a FG supporter the party that gave us ben dunne and michael lowry

or perhaps a labour man...Eamonn Gilmore Pat rabbitt...Official IRA

Jesus try answer the question folks...My opinion is boring...just like yours...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

The Sinners are idealistic at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Dartz

I'd rather have Brian Lenihan running the country...

Brian Cowen... less so.

Though, I'd rather Adolf Hitler before Sinn Féin. Sin Féin will send the whole country down the toilet. Hitler will only send a small minority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Red C polls are less reliable than After Hours polls ... fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭jdooley28

Mite as well have asked drowning or being buried alive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

squod wrote: »
    Pretty sure they both backed the blanket bailout.

Nope don't think so. Link?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Oh look, another political thread...

Seriously, wtf...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

You could replace Sinn Fein in that poll with the Nazi Party and the Nazi's would win that pole...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

Neither,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

funny-pictures-box-cats-are-bored.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

johnmcdnl wrote: »

The shinners or brian cowen again - who would you rather see running the next government if it somehow came to it

If any of these parties are in power by the next election I will physically cry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Id go Al Queda before Fianna Fail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

neither but If I have to choose it would be FF never sinn fein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Up de Barrs

The Sinners are idealistic at least

Pity that idealism didnt stretch to recognising that 30 years of IRA violence achieved nothing but death and misery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Pity that idealism didnt stretch to recognising that 30 years of IRA violence achieved nothing but death and misery.

I agree, a few frank admissions are due at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I can't believe these is no Atari Jaguar, what is wrong with AH?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Labour.

Also, we have a communist party!:pac:
    http://www.communistpartyofireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Prefer to vote for someone who hasn't messed up the country, then someone who has.

hondasam wrote: »
    neither but If I have to choose it would be FF never sinn fein.
    Please not FF.For fs sake how much worse are sinn fein.theyre not all ra heads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    Please not FF.For fs sake how much worse are sinn fein.theyre not all ra heads

I could never vote sinn fein, It would be totally against everything I believe in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Well at least the Catholic population went from being treated like second class citizens, to running the place - result I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

My turn! Would you rather have your dick ripped off or your face burned off with acid?

/passes the joint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

One can offer more protection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Dartz wrote: »

Though, I'd rather Adolf Hitler before Sinn Féin. .

Adolf Hitler.......Not just there for the Nazi things in life.:)

I voted FF on this poll. First & only time in my life I've done that....

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Horse_box

Oh look, another political thread...

Seriously, wtf...?

The clue not to come into this thread was the title!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Coming from a FG supporter the party that gave us ben dunne and michael lowry

ben dunne was never a member of fine gael.

He gave 1 million pound to haughey and did up Lowry's gaff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I'd vote for Sinn Féin, regardless of the current circumstances. Sinn Féin are hard workers ground the ground up and from the locality up. I've never met a Sinn Féin councillor who didn't work their arse off for their constituents.

It's an easy for vote me. Tireless constituency workers, or a shower of bastards who have destroyed our economy. Remember - It was Sinn Féin that warned of the property bubble years ago - But you won't hear that, because anything positive Sinn Féin ever says, they never get credit for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I voted FF on this poll. First & only time in my life I've done that....

Doesn't matter, only takes the one time for them to take you. You're stained now, and theres nothing classy about it. They own your soul........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Where's the "get rid of outdated civil war politics" option?

SF and FF are only good for giving Indo/Sindo hacks something to shíte on about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Sinn Féin are an absolute joke. I would leave Ireland if they ever got into government. Ignoring the obvious links with terrorism, if you take the time to read their idiotic policies it should be pretty obvious that a kitten with a ball of wool would make better political and economic decisions.

The usual bandwagon jumping FF-bashing, "dey tuk our jobsssss" type responses should really be ignored. Yes they should be voted out next time, but people are fooling themselves if they think things would be vastly different with one of the other legitimate parties (i.e. NOT Sinn Féin) in the past or future. Career politicians will always give people what they want. And people are largely self obsessed and short-term gain focused.

DUP would win a poll with FF at this stage !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

rarnes1 wrote: »

Hard to call if it were an actual vote. The media here love em both.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

dlofnep wrote: »
    I'd vote for Sinn Féin, regardless of the current circumstances. Sinn Féin are hard workers ground the ground up and from the locality up. I've never met a Sinn Féin councillor who didn't work their arse off for their constituents.

It's an easy for vote me. Tireless constituency workers, or a shower of bastards who have destroyed our economy. Remember - It was Sinn Féin that warned of the property bubble years ago - But you won't hear that, because anything positive Sinn Féin ever says, they never get credit for.

This is the truth. No other party is getting my vote.

I know a good few people that joined Sinn Féin from FF after seeing too much bullshat going on. I have little time for anyone who speaks ill of Sinn Féin nowadays. They're morons imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Depsite what FF has done to this country I'd vote for them over FF because of this: http://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/19555

Just as well that in reality we have other choices as I'm not going to be voting either, but for this poll I take the devil I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Lemegeton

both make me sick.

dlofnep wrote: »

100% but that ira stigma will never leave.Thats why its always ff or fg.One as bad as the other. Its a stupid country. FF are so corrupt they make the Italian Mafia look like Christs Angels on Earth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

No vote for either, here or in May 2012.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

rarnes1 wrote: »

DUP should run in the south, most of their politicians are far better workers than FF, even if i disagree with most of them I admire and respect them a million times over FF...

Sinn Fein are always an easy target for insults from FF supporters who ignored the mass state orchestrated child sex abuse regime, a party that treated woman like **** and had the fanatics and perverts in the church as their advisors and friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

SF mainly because at least they are trying to change people's perceptions of their party. FF are taking a f*ck it approach to their image not caring what people think of them. In my college you see the difference between the two parties at youth level, SF play a very active role while FF do not even have a society on campus. SF I do think in years to come can become a big party in Irish politics if they refine their policies

Nodin wrote: »
    Doesn't matter, only takes the one time for them to take you. You're stained now, and theres nothing classy about it. They own your soul........

Very good!

Well, at least I said who I voted for, which, I felt was in the spirit of things.

You, just emerged from the long grass took a cheap shot & basked in the glory of thanks from your fellow travellers.

Good on ya mate.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

im not going to explain why i would vote sinn fein because it'd be wasted breath on the morons who will look down on them for no apparent reason. 17% of mad people still left in this country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I'll vote Pearse Doherty in the bye election and GE, no problem. Capable candidate who'll add to the Dail.

Once it comes anywhere near seeing SF as a majority Govt. party, Nope, I'd vote FF first.

After everything FF have done, I'd still not put SF as the main Govt. party.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Nicky Byrne

Ah it has to be Fianna Fail now.

K-9 wrote: »
    I'll vote Pearse Doherty in the bye election and GE, no problem. Capable candidate who'll add to the Dail.

Once it comes anywhere near seeing SF as a majority Govt. party, Nope, I'd vote FF first.

After everything FF have done, I'd still not put SF as the main Govt. party.
    So your voting for FF.Good man. Theyve done nothing wrong. Good man.

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    So your voting for FF.Good man. Theyve done nothing wrong. Good man.

Well, FF since the 'Charlie Era' at least were always a greedy, power-hungry, but a well organised shower of idiotic fools.

If they were in the Mafia they would be known as the 'Gombono Family'.

On the other hand SF have always been the political wing of the Provisional IRA.

Personally, I'd prefer the idiotic FF'ers in power here than a crowd of murderers like SF/IRA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Dartz wrote: »
    I'd rather have Brian Lenihan running the country...

Brian Cowen... less so.

Though, I'd rather Adolf Hitler before Sinn Féin. Sin Féin will send the whole country down the toilet. Hitler will only send a small minority.

Brian Lenihan has, essentially, been running the country for the last two years, or so; and the disasterous decisions he's taken make Bertie Ahern and Brian Cowen look like benign visionaries.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement