Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best decorated area/house

Options
  • 20-11-2010 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭

I was walking through Dundrum shopping centre the other night and I have to say, I was very impressed with their decorations. Especially outside, at the cinema entrance - the lights there are stunning. I felt so Christmassy and happy walking through them.

So I was thinking - how about we use this thread to post pictures/descriptions/locations of houses/towns/streets/buildings etc. with awesome Christmas decorations?

I didn't have my camera with me at the time but I'll definitely take a picture next week and post it up :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I remember last year in Dundrum shopping centre they had fake snow machines above the entrance to the square, so when you walked out it looked and felt like it was snowing. It was magical, I got so disappointed the first time I saw it though! Hopefully they do it again this year

I love the city centre's decorations too, it just looks so pretty. I think it's the general atmosphere around Christmas time that I love though. Although tbh, I love anywhere with Christmas decorations up.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I remember when I was younger Shannon Airport used to put up an amazing display of lights outside, people came from all over the region to see it. But then they started snipping expenses, and that was the first thing to go. Not what it used to be anyway.

Grafton Streets lights are pretty awesome, they're nice and classy, nothing too flashy you know? I've never gotten to see Dublin at Christmas (except for O'Connel St. last year) so it's cool being up there a lot more often now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

There's a house when you come off the M50 (going Nbound) at Belgard, if you take the left, that's always *covered* with lights & decorations & things. I think he does it for charity and tries to raise money.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Which reminds me, there's a house in Cork (Carrigaline) which used to have the most incredible display every year which he used for charity collections. But then a year or two back someone stole a load of his lights and now he can't do it anymore, which was just disgusting imo.

Pics! (but these obviously don't do it justice)

c0467.jpg

21049.jpg

59517.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

There's a house in the estate next to mine that always has amazing ones, I'll take a photo when they put them up this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

There's a house in Sligo like that too! He used to do it for the local hospice. They were awesome lights and he had a little grotto where you could come in and have a chat. It used to be packed every night coming up to Christmas. They don't do it anymore but they raised 21000 euro at Christmas 2005!

Advertisement