Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cling film on tattoo? HELP:(

Options
  • 21-11-2010 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Got a tattoo yesterday and I was wondering could somebody tell me how long I should keep the cling film on it???

Iv been told from anywhere from 4 days to as little as 4 hours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

what did your tattooist tell you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Afk

They said 3/4 hours in the shop

then listen to your tattooist. you've trusted them to mark your body for life, trust them to direct your aftercare.

who was it, btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Afk

Thanks man I just wasnt sure cause in work everybody was telling me different stuff and all their horror stories from leaving it on for too long/ taking it off to soon

Chris in Dublin ink.
    He done a bio-organic Mexican day of the dead skull!
    It looks amazing!

Seriously, once you choose some one who's work you respect enough to let them tattoo you, respecting their views on aftercare is a no brainer.

Don't listen to your mates, are they professional tattooists?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I don't get the phrase bio-organic... isn't that kinda like saying organic-organic?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭funnyclub

What I do is keep it on for about 3-4 hours and then wash with luke warm water and soap. Then pat it dry and apply some bepanthen(can be got in any chemist)
    I tend to keep the cling film on the tattoo as long as possible and change the cling film, wash and apply bepanthen 3 times a day.

I have quite a few tattoos and never used to keep the cling film on for as long but have found that by keeping it on as long as possible the tattoo, doesnt get a hard scab and everytime you wash the tattoo you remove moist skin which would have scabbed if the tattoo was exposed to the air.

All the tattoos I have looked after this way have healed quicker and kept their colour alot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Sparkles:)

when i got my tattoo, my artist told me about the after care and not to listen to any so called "experts" i might meet for 3 months.

After that consider their advice not before... trust the artist!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

My first artist told me to re apply cling film for 2 weeks. Every other artist I've been to said 2-3 hours. The 2-3 hour ones have healed far better and far quicker. Just keep it covered in Bepanthen.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Inmyownworld

The first one I got told e to keep it on for a couple of days, wash with soapy water and dry every few hours before reapplying.

The 2nd one I got told me to only cover it for a the 2 hours or so and clean and don't recover it agian after that.

Different places say different things. Just listen to what you're told to do!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

My aftercare advice i've ever gotten, was to leave it covered for 3-4 hours, and then remove cling film, wash with soapy water, pat dry, and leave it along over night, and then apply some moisturiser(non scented) every 4-6 hours then!

all healed up fine! :)

Advertisement