Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what recipes reheat well?

Options
  • 21-11-2010 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

A few evenings a week I go to college after work and don't get home until half 9 so I need to bring a dinner to work to stick in the microwave that'l fill me up. What recipes reheat well?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

random10 wrote: »
    A few evenings a week I go to college after work and don't get home until half 9 so I need to bring a dinner to work to stick in the microwave that'l fill me up. What recipes reheat well?

Curries
    Bolognese/ Chilli
    Stews/ Casseroles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Lasagne if you could freeze it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Shepherds pie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

greetings wrote: »
    Lasagne if you could freeze it first.

had reheated lasagna yesterday. Twas awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Zuiderzee

trackguy wrote: »
    Curries
    Bolognese/ Chilli
    Stews/ Casseroles

Ditto - also, soups, collard greens, pies and pasta bakes

Just had some collard greens from the freezer today with a pork chop, reheated on stove though, not microwave.
    But it was made about 6 months ago, and still tasted great with good texture

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Swampy wrote: »
    had reheated lasagna yesterday. Twas awesome.

Can't believe I hadn't until I started college.Even better when home made and put in a freezer bag for the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

You can't beat day old chilli! Even better than the day of cooking.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,048 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I find that beef or lamb stews freeze exceptionally well - had a beef and chorizo stew recently that had been in the freezer for over a year and it was as good as the day it went in.

Chicken stews, on the other hand don't last very well in the freezer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

You can't beat day old chilli! Even better than the day of cooking.

Definitely agree. I made a massive pot of chilli con carne yesterday. I had it for dinner with rice yesterday and for lunch today. Then when I came home from work today I had it with a jacket potato with sour cream. It was delicious and very nutritious. Plus it's very good value as I made the pot for about ?10 and it lasted me 2 days.

Advertisement