Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seattle,WA

Options
  • 21-11-2010 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Anyone based in Seattle or Washington state? I'm currently seeking full time employment in the hope of securing a H1-B (I'm a final year CompSci student graduating next year. My OH is already out there on a H1-B.). If that fails, I'll likely get the one year visa when I graduate, or else was thinking about going over for the summer on the VWP and try look for a full time job, then go home and sort out the H1-B? Or would that be a bad move?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

I would go with a 1-year J1 to start with, H1B straight out of college is going to be extreamely difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

Thanks for your reply. While I know it will be extremely difficult, my OH managed to secure one before he even finished his final year so I can always try! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Seattle here.

Not much advice I can give you though except that unemployment is bad here as it is everywhere.

Obviously you're browsing microsofts employment ads. Might be good to apply in Ireland too, see if there's transfers?

Advertisement