Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Wagner appreciation thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

LMAO!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Great picture:

550w_reality_x_factor_wagner_watch.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Wagner_NTI_682_1143377a.jpg
    X FACTOR wildcard Wagner Carrilho shows he's always had a wild side as he poses in swimming trunks with his pet lion.

The quirky Brazilian singer, reinstated to the competition by mentor Louis Walsh, was given the animal as an eight-week-old cub by a female friend and would curl up with the dangerous beast at night.

Wagner used the picture of himself and his beloved pet in an advert for his Conservatories Xpress windows, doors and conservatory fitting firm he ran in the West Midlands town of Netherton in the 90s.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3178807/Wildcard-is-a-lion-tail-Wag-ger.html#ixzz167dTWn84

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

So what's the term for someone who supports Wagner?

Wagnerite? Wagnet? Wagger?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭applehunter

Wagner now into as low as 8/1 in places.

:eek:

• Advertisement

Wahey! Hope he wins :D
    Aldebaran wrote: »

Hmm you make a good point :pac: I'm not sure!

And this awesome pic is from Plug's signature! Thank you Plug, I hope you don't mind me giving the pic some glory in this thread :D

157339_792780413_5833360_n.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Wagner now into as low as 8/1 in places.

:eek:
    Wow!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Why has Biggins not endorsed this thread yet? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭The Kidsnapper

t9xdu9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Aldebaran wrote: »

I nominate wag-hags

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

audi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

STARS pledged support for X Factor oddball Wagner last night - as it emerged he will sing Radiohead's hit Creep this weekend.

Justin Bieber, Katy Perry and Olly Murs all backed the Brazilian as The Sun revealed he could WIN the show thanks to online campaigners.

bieber-180_1170310a.jpg 'Judges should chill out a bit' ... Justin Bieber

Teen sensation Justin - who is Sunday night's guest star - said: "I know he isn't the best singer, but the public want him there. The judges should chill out a bit."

Justin spoke as Wagner, 54, geared up to perform the 1997 rock anthem this Saturday, which contains the lyrics: "I'm a creep. I'm a weirdo. What the hell am I doing here? I don't belong here."
    The 16-year-old also hit out at judge Cheryl Cole for blasting Wagner on air after he called her a council estate girl "who got lucky".

Justin said: "I thought she was a little mean to him. He just seems humble and happy to be there."

katy-180_1170356a.jpg 'The public are crazy for him' ... Katy Perry

Katy, 26 - a stand-in judge who has sung on X Factor - added: "He's fun. He's taking the criticism the judges give him really well. The public are crazy for him."

oli-180_1170355a.jpg 'He's the only one entertaining us' ... Olly Murs

Olly said: "Wagner's the only one entertaining anyone."
    Olly, 26 - who was a runner-up on last year's show and sang his new single on Sunday night - urged critics not to blame Wagner for other contestants' failings.
    He said Matt Cardle's performance of Come Together "didn't work" - and Rebecca Ferguson did the "same thing every week".

Bookies William Hill slashed odds on Wagner winning from 100-1 to 10-1 - and called him "the X Factor version of Marmite".
    A spokesman said: "He's fourth favourite to win and second favourite to be booted off."
    Matt, 27, is 13-8 favourite to win.
    But an anti-X Factor lobby is mounting a co-ordinated campaign similar to the battle last year which saw rock band Rage Against The Machine beat 2009 winner Joe McElderry to Christmas Number 1.

A spokesman for Facebook group Rage Against The X Factor said: "We are fed up with Simon Cowell spoon-feeding us karaoke pub singers. They are given an unfair advantage against decent young bands who actually can play instruments."
    Wagner does have an army of genuine fans.
    Tony Crano, 34, of London said he and his family spend £30 a week voting for the ex-PE teacher.
    He said: "Without him this year's show would be boring."
    And mum Joanne Humphreys, 27, of Anfield, Liverpool, added: "He is a great entertainer, always smiling."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3243158/Celebs-jump-on-the-band-Wag-on.html#ixzz16Cnuxc00

• Registered Users Posts: 86,271 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

When Wagner makes the final who do you want him to sing with?

Jedward, Tom Jones, Prince, Bruce Willis, Lady Gaga or Madonna or another maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

The X Factor underdog Wagner is reportedly set to sing Radiohead's 'Creep' this Saturday (November 27). The singer is stepping up to perform the song after bookies slashed the odds on him winning the show from 100-1 to 10-1 (The Sun).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Viva la Wagner :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

wagner needs to outleash his inner lion :D

wagner for the win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

As as much as i love The Great Wagner. I think i get more satisfaction from the fact the longer he stays the more it annoys Queen Chav Cheryl :D

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Ooh, Bruce Willis! Then he could find Matt and punch him in the face for robbing his vest! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

He'll sing with Jesus.
    It'll be the second coming of the Christ.

• Advertisement

When Wagner gets to the final he can sing with Stephen Fry

Fry has been such an admirer for years, his support is humbling

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:pac: :pac: :pac:

He's clearly not talking about Richard Wagner, the German composer there :D

tinkerbell wrote: »

There was a book, once written about our friend Richard, the title of which I believe actually applies to Mr Carrilho...can't seem to find the name now

The Sun actually gives Wagner credit
    X FACTOR dark horse Wagner Carrilho has a secret past - as a MICK JAGGER impersonator with a Rolling Stones tribute band.

The former PE teacher, 54, spent months performing lead vocals with The Cloned Stones in pubs and clubs around the West Midlands weeks before auditioning for The X Factor.

Footage of the eccentric star performing with the Birmingham-based band has appeared on YouTube - where Wagner can be seen doing Sir Mick's trademark dance to the band's 1994 hit You Got Me Rocking.

Wagner was filmed belting out the single, in his own distinctive style, in May - just weeks before his first X Factor audition.

The Brazilian-born singer, who has stunned X Factor viewers every week with his eccentric pop mash ups, stood in as a favour to the band when they lost their usual front man.

tinkerbell wrote: »
    Of COURSE NOT! :mad:

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ocoileain1890

Lets make this video spread like a virus comrades! He needs all the support he can get!

Have you got Iphone/ Itouch

Download the Wagner App from ITunes
    - only 79 cents

http://appshopper.com/entertainment/pocket-wagner

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Pocker Wagner, brilliant! :D

Yes you can keep Wagner in your pocket (or handbag) all day everyday:rolleyes:

Lets make this video spread like a virus comrades! He needs all the support he can get!

This video has even made the pages of Loose Women

Maybe they want to talk about what Wagner makes them feel like doing....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 ocoileain1890

Are you serious?!! Loose Women, god I love the internet!

Advertisement