Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inactive?

Options
  • 21-11-2010 2:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭

Whilst mourning my loss of access to the reported posts forum, I noticed another drop down thingy.

Inactive, it's called.
    It contains links to two forums. David Hasselhoff and Chuck Norris.
    I clicked on the links and found that I was denied permission to view these forums.
    What's up with that? Hurricane Helms. Woooo!

Am I not cool enough to view these forums?
    Which Admin do I have to make a nice meal for so that I can view these forums once and then never bother with them again?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I near cried when I couldn't get into the Hoff forum.

Was meself and Oldyellar that got that started. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I remember the Hoff forum! Where is oldyellar anyways? I haven't seen her in a billion years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Terry wrote: »
    Am I not cool enough to view these forums?
    Which Admin do I have to make a nice meal for so that I can view these forums once and then never bother with them again?

Isn't the word inactive a bit of a clue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Yeah looks like they're closed, don't show up in the Beta skin forum search either.

Please tell me the Mustard forum is next on the list? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Daemos wrote: »
    Yeah looks like they're closed, don't show up in the Beta skin forum search either.

Please tell me the Mustard forum is next on the list? :D

You better take that back, and quick before he see's!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Both forums were set up on the back of an internet meme ("the hoff" and "chuck norris is so tough...") that has since gotten a lot quieter if not died off completely.

When I originally suggested that the forums be closed in July of this year they hadnt been posted to in over two months (front page of both fora was stickies only). Since then I've been monitoring them to see if any traffic does turn up but there's only been one or two, very vague posts in the 5 months I've been looking at them so it was about time they went.

I'll have a look at the forum properties and see why they are showing up in the inactive category, they are in the right place, they just shouldnt be visible on a drop down menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

That's fair enough.

Advertisement